Question

How to filter tickets on status?

• 3 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

How would one use the filter pane when viewing tickets to see "requester responded"?  I can see it in the tabular view but cannot seem to locate a filter for it.  This would easily allow a view into a question being answered by a requester to proceed with ticket execution.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @thisismebb22 if you are talking about being able to filter a list of tickets and save it to a ticket view then I think your only option out of the box at the moment would be to filter on last_modified_date to at least get tickets that were recently updated.

If you were to create a custom field (perhaps a checkbox) and had a workflow update that field (check the box) whenever a reply is made by a requester then you could filter your ticket view on that custom field. You would just need to remember to create a workflow that unchecks the box after an agent interacts with the ticket, or tweak it to meet your needs.

Perhaps there are easier ways of solving this, so I will leave it up to the community to offer some advice. Tagging a few people. @Daniel Söderlund @BrynCYDEF @keefe.andrews.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

My apologies, I used the word "status" when I meant to write "state".  It is the field that holds item tags like "overdue", "response due", "new", "requester responded" that is builtin to the help desk.  No need for a custom field really, how do I use that as a filter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @thisismebb22 

I was looking at this bc I was hoping to use that Kanban view to see all the tix where STATE = Requester Responded but these views appear to only group by STATUS.

So I tried to config a workflow where when STATE = Requester Responded it would set STATUS = Requester Responded (which I added as a custom STATUS).

I abandoned the search.

There is  Email Notifications > Agent Notif > Requester replies to ticket.

But this only fires once not daily or hourly so if the agent misses that notification they’ll never get another.

IIRC I also tried (without success) to get a Supervisor Rule to send nagmails to the agents who were slow to respond to customer.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help!

Bryn

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you for the feedback above.

Our use case is we do not auto re-open tickets because of a response.  We do this because > than 90% are "thanks" and is messy to manage.  It is the missing a valid action response after closure that bothers us.  So, if this filter existed we could scan periodically the ones with response to assure we didn't miss a reply from a client that delays or possibly was on vacation scenario.  The state field seems be nothing more than a tag field with default types.  Maybe don't even use a field but put it in the tags to filter if adding more filters aren't deemed as high priority.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

You’re quite welcome!

IIRC there is an option in Workflows or in Supervisor called Freddy and he can be “trained” to recognize and ignore thank-you emails.

Bryn