Is it possible to insert a footer?

• 31 January 2012
  • 9 replies

Is it possible to add in links along the bottom bar? Where it says "Help Desk Software by Freshdesk" - it would be great to have the abilty to add in some extra links along here.

Primarily my reasons are I am adding legal specific advice to my solutions section and I need to add in a link to "terms of use" to state "all information is intended as a general guide and should not be relied upon as fact..." etc etc.

It would also be great to link back to our main website along there and our privacy policy etc.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Hi Tom

Actually, the Footer will be removed once you move to Paid version of Freshdesk :)

We are planning to come up with more CSS customization of Freshdesk portal and we will surely consider this option.

regards

Vijay 

Hello, has this been finalized yet?  I don't mind the "Help Desk ... " text on the left but would like to have a menu on the right such as Website | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy.  I see that you are planning to allow CSS changes (https://support.freshdesk.com/categories/2/forums/6/topics/91) but I think this would need to be added separately in the "Rebranding" section for admins.  Perhaps something like "Footer Options" with options like "Add External Link" and "Add Lightbox Link".

I personally would like to use the "Add Lightbox Link" for "Terms of Use" so users don't need to leave the helpdesk.

Hope this makes sense.  Thank you.
Hi Tommy/Brandy

Kindly bear with us for 1 more month or even lesser time.

We're almost done with the css customization. Your requirement to link your own TOS or Privacy Policy etc can be done with the customization

regards
Vijay
Thank you, Vijay, for letting us know.  I look forward to the update.

I still have the 'Help Desk Software by Freshdesk' text at the bottom of my support site and I cannot find a way to remove it and I'm on the Estate plan??

Hi All

If you move from Trial to Paid plan, Footer will be automatically removed

If you wish to remove it in trial itself in Estate plan, this can be done from Admin -> Helpdesk Rebranding -> Customize Portal -> Layout & Pages -> Footer

regards

Vijay

Hi,

I have the same request: I need to add a disclaimer below the solutions. (A link would also be fine, but I would prefer to have the text directly on the same page.)

This topic is marked as solved, so apparently it is now possible to add your custom text or link to the footer of the solutions. Could you please point me to the place where I can edit it?

Thanks!

Hey there!

Did a ticket here: https://support.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/723746

Have a good day!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

Though it's been long since the option was included as a part of the package, we've missed updating this thread . Sorry about that,folks.

You can edit the footer section ( if you're on the Estate plan and above ) by navigating to Admin -> Portals -> Customise Portal -> Layout and Pages -> Portal Layout section.

Cheers!