Question

Need to create a ticket from chatbot

• 28 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on a project in my company and I need to make the chatbot create a new ticket on the CRM with the information provided by the client during the conversation. 

I understand there is an API which can help me to do this but the API I currently have it’s not working and I’m not sure It fully pleases our need. 

To be more precise I need to the ticket gets created with the following information:

- Name

- Email

- Subject (this can be obtained from the chatbot’s flow)

- A handwritten message sent by the client.

*I think it’s important to consider that all this information it’s provided during the flow.

Following i’ll leave the API I’m currently using so if u can tell me if it’s ok or if I can get it better thinking of the needs I mentioned before, I’ll be very pleased:

{

"description": "Conversatio...",

"subject": " Ticket creado desde Ecomsurito por ${{node::25981974}} ",

"email": "${{node::25981975}}",

"priority": 2,

"status": 1

}

I’d be truly greatful if you can help me with this.

Cheers!

Cristóbal.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Cristóbal Espinoza 

From the looks of it, the API structure seems to be correct. In case the API is failing, you should be able to check the API logs in the bot conversation page. 

Please check if there are any mandatory fields in Freshdesk. If the API request doesn’t include any of those mandatory fields, the request would fail and the ticket wouldn’t be created. 

You can verify this by using the Command Line or a tool like Postman to execute the API with static values for the parameters mentioned.

Cheers!