Proactive live chat widget won't stay closed.

• 27 June 2017
  • 4 replies

We have our Freshdesk live chat widget set to pop up for a user after n seconds on a web page. That's working. But once user closes the widget, any proactive popup should be disabled for the rest of their session on our web site.

Right now, even on the same web page, the live chat widget keeps popping up. It's very annoying for me and our webmaster and probably our web site visitors.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Right now, even on the same web page, the live chat widget keeps popping up. It's very annoying for me and our webmaster and probably our web site visitors.

Correction: Looks like live chat is staying closed if I stay on same web page — only re-opening itself when I go to another web page. Less annoying, but still pretty annoying for web site visitors.

Hi Smith,

Currently, that is the behavior. The pro active chat will pop up when you are reopen the page. I understand your point and will have this raised as a feature enhancement request to our product team.

We will keep you posted on any updates on this.

animator.gif
Thriyambhakesh Ravi

Technical Account Manager, Freshdesk
p : +61281884692
e : thriyam@freshdesk.com

Thank you. I also raised ticket 1318442 for this important-to-us point.

Thank you for the update. We will have a track of this there and update you accordingly.