Trending topics in Freshdesk support- Edition 4, July 31

• 31 July 2018
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello,

Welcome to the fourth edition of "Trending topics in Freshdesk Support". We aim to help you understand the nuances of the product better with our quick reads posted in this forum. Hit "Follow" to get these posts delivered right to your inbox.

1. “I want to operate as an email only helpdesk. I don’t want my users to respond to tickets using the portal, at least for now. I remember reading somewhere that the customer response would show up as a note if added from the portal. I recently came across one. Is there a way to shut off the portal completely?”

You can modify the portal settings under Admin -> Portals -> Settings section. Make sure you deselect the options as described in the screenshot below. This would make sure that new users cannot sign up for the portal access.

Also, go to Admin -> Email notifications -> Requester notifications and turn off the user activation email option. Make sure you remove all portal references like portal url from all automatic notifications sent to the user.

If you’re on the Garden plan, you can go one step ahead and hide the links for login from the portal using simple CSS customisation.

2. “I have an error message when trying to close a ticket. HELP!”

On the mint interface, if the ticket subject is blank and has been made mandatory for agents, you’d see the error upon trying to update the ticket - “The subject field has been updated. Please choose a different value to proceed”.

To counter this, you can make the subject field non-mandatory in the Admin -> Ticket fields section. Having said that, we’ve added this to our bug backlog. You can follow this thread for updates.

3. “Every new ticket I reply to has the name of the customer and the ticket number automatically added to the answer. I want to change that”

The reply editor gets pre-filled with certain values based on the template setup under Admin -> Email notifications -> Agent reply template section. You can choose to remove the default content, edit or include more ticket related content using the insert placeholders.

If you’re looking at customising the auto-responders that get sent to your users from Freshdesk, this would be the place to start with.

4. “We don’t want our agents to access customer profiles in Freshdesk. Is there a way to restrict them from gathering user information?”

You can restrict access to customers tab for agents by setting up custom roles under Admin-> Roles section. You can define custom roles in Freshdesk and restrict access to various other functionalities if you’re on the Estate plan and above.

5. “We’re trying to start with self-service for our users. How can we make it easier for our users to find answers from our portal?”

If your portal content is available publicly, you can add Meta tags and description to help more users find their way in through search engines. In addition to this, you can also add tags to articles that would help to boost relevance in search results within the portal.

Cheers!

This topic has been closed for comments