Trending topics in Freshdesk support- Edition 5, August 17

• 17 August 2018
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello,

We're back with the fifth edition of "Trending topics in Freshdesk Support"  after a short break.  You can access the previous editions here.

1. “I’ve assigned a domain name to a company. But, the contacts and tickets aren’t linked to the company immediately. Why?”

You can specify the domain names for the company and automatically Freshdesk would associate all contacts with email addresses containing the domain name with the company. Since the entire contact database is skimmed through to find the matching contacts, the association might take a while after the domain association.

2. “I want to restrict new tag creation so that our users cannot create new tag names simply by typing in words. I want tags to only be created through ADMIN”.

You can assign custom roles to agents and restrict access to tag creation.If you’re on the Estate plan, go to Admin -> Roles and create a new role and make sure you leave this option unchecked.

You could then associate this role to the agents by using the ‘Add’ option on the same page or from an agent profile page.

3. “Is there any way to share knowledgebase articles with multiple companies set up under my account?”

You can set the visibility of solution article folders to select companies in Freshdesk. To do this, navigate to the folder and then hit on ‘edit’. Select the option “Select companies” in the Visible to section and start filling out the companies in this field.

4. “We have 4 different services our company offers and we would like to have subaccounts in our Fresh Desk account for each. How can we do this?"

You can use the Multi Products feature in Freshdesk to support different services/brands using a single Freshdesk account. Head over to this forum to get a sense of how we used multi products to setup support for our different products.

5. “Emails forwarded from gmail to our freshdesk support email not arriving in freshdesk”

If your support mailbox is hosted on gmail, you would have to create a forwarding rule in Gmail to transfer email as tickets in Freshdesk. Here's an article that can help you to set this up - Setting up a forwarding rule in Gmail

Freshdesk doesn't accept emails if the "FROM" and "TO" address of the emails are the same. This is done to prevent looping of tickets in your helpdesk. So, once you set the forwarding rule and wish to test the behaviour, please send an email from an account other than the support address itself.

Cheers!

This topic has been closed for comments