Service Visit (Physical) Reports

Hi, 

We work with diagnostic imaging equipment and have to do a lot of on-site technical supports visits. We are trying to migrate our whole service tracking to freshdesk, and would like your opinion on the best way to accomplish this

-We are required (by law) to give a technical visit report to the customer, as this will be attached to the medical device's log.

-This report needs to be signed by both the support engineer and the person that receives the device on the customer's end.

-Each visit has some fields, one of which is a consecutive, unique number

We are looking for a way to replace the reports or engineers have to manually fill with freshdesk +  maybe something else.

What approach would you take? I'm thinking of setting up a form (internally or with an external service? which do you think would work best? and engineer could fill the report online and make customer sign on a trackpad, etc. This would be valid.

Please let me know your thoughts and how you've managed the duality between freshdesk and the physical world. 

Juan

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Anyone? I'm looking for something similar, but i need to attach a report with dropdowns, checkboxes and textfields to tickets and/or costumers. (for computer/cellphone repairs)

Hi,

Good Question. I am looking at similar where an Onsite Engineer can take a snap of the receipt, and attach to the ticket, but unfortunately that is not available. 

I am planning of doing a long process, today my engineers take a snap send to google docs and when back in office / access to system at home they attach the document to the ticket, this is tedious process and costs for a SMB's like me but for Customer Satisfaction no choice but using it.

Freshdesk should look these as enhancements and keep adding this quickly. 

I dont get why freshdesk and freshservice is two different products. I see lots of people that want a littlebit of both systems, it should be one product. Alle the service and helpdesks that is out there has the same problem, you will always end up having to use 2 systems to get service features and helpdesk features.

It should be a section in admin where you could choose what features you need and disable those you dont need. 
Look at mHelpdesk, awsome job/service section, but no good helpdesk/ticket solution. Repairshopr has awsome job/service section but crappy ticketsystem and website integrations. 

Freshdesk has awsome ticketsystem but no service/job system. 

Freshservice has the service/job system but lacks the helpdesk system. And as far as i can see there is no integration between freshservice and freshdesk.

The solution would be simple, just an option like "add custom form to customer or ticket" 

And then have a section where you can create forms and set a name for the form. 

In my case i would crate a form called "Repairs" or "service report" that could be attached to the costumer. In the form i would set up checkboxes, dropdowns and textfields that describe the repair and results of the repair. Then i would like to convert my custom form to a PDF so i can send it to my costumer, or let the costumer access it as a read-only page of some sort.

In short: First I create the repair report form, then an agent can choose "add custom form". He can then choose from a list of forms. He fills out the correct form and can choose to add this to a costumer.

You would cover a wide range of business types with the ability to make custom forms.

PS: Sorry for my bad english :)

fresh_19244.png