Question

new collaborator rol doesn't have access to forums

• 25 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi

We are using this great new feature “collaborators”, it is a great idea but we are discovering that all users under this role cannot access forums. This option is hidden to all collaborators once they join the “collaborators” role. Under the “roles” section we can see that forums option is greyed.

question, why collaborators cannot participate in forums? come on, even customers can do that. We want to have an internal forum where our collaborators are able to post ideas

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @AdrianC, as of now the colloborators would not be able to access forums from the agent portal. We can completely understand where you are coming from. However, just like how customers can access forums from customer portal, collaborators can also create a topic from the customer portal by clicking in ‘Start a new topic’.

Starting a new topic - Forums

If you want these topics to be internal, you can tweak the settings of this particular category in Forums tab and set it visible only to agents. 

Setting the visibility of Forums to agents

You can get to this page by clicking on the Forums tab and navigating to the respective forum settings. 

The collaborators would be able to view the topics they started in the customer portal now. Agents who has access to forums can reply back to their topics. 

Since the feature is relatively new, we’re actively listening to our customers feedback to take up feature requests and we’ll pass your request to our product team as well.  

Let’s know if this helps and if you have any further queries :)

Hi Keer,

If I login from the customer’s portal as a collaborator I am taken to the agents portal, it is not possible to go and see customers portal as “collaborator”...collaborators cannot “see” customer’s portal as “customers” :(

(We allow only logged users to participate in forums, so they need to login)

Regards,

Adrian

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thanks for checking this, @AdrianC. The agents/collaborators can click on this option to go to customer portal.

Go to customer portal

Can you try this and see if that helps?

Hi Keer,

got it, ...from a strict point of view it works…seems too complicated to me…

just as feedback, imagine that this is a real world and you say to your coworker:

—hey, you just join the staff area, feel free to join any meeting, chat with anyone… (you cannot talk to customers)
—may I have some coffee...?
—sorry, Coffee and cookies in this area are just for “agents” ...you may have some coffee at frontdesk, downstairs...front building

regards,

Adrian

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I can understand your standpoint, Adrian. Thanks for sharing a relevant scenario. We’ll take this up as a feedback and pass it on to our product team to see if we can bring in this feature inside the agent portal.Have a good day!