Question

Looking to send a ticket "digest" to the agents

• 31 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

I’ve done a search, but my GoogleFu is failing me on this one.

I’d like to send a “This is on the docet for today” list to the agents.  This may be once a day or once a week.

It would consist of a list of all the tickets, what status they are in and who it’s assigned to.

I’m wonderig if anyone has a solution to do this or if it’s even possible?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @Jennifer.H, in freshservice you could do this by creating a ticket view that renders the tickets you are looking to include in your list. Then there is an export tickets button that will allow you to export that data with whatever data fields you would like, in both a csv or excel format. From there you could disperse that information how you see fit.

You also could share the ticket view you created with all your agents or agents of a specific group, making it easy for them to access the list.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Zachary,

It’s an option but the idea is to havfe it totally automated and just in a list in the agents inbox. A ticket view, while handy and we use these a lot, still means them going in and checking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi Zachary,

It’s an option but the idea is to havfe it totally automated and just in a list in the agents inbox. A ticket view, while handy and we use these a lot, still means them going in and checking.

I completely understand the need for this to be automated. Perhaps you could use the Freshservice API with some query filters to get the list of tickets you want, then (ex. if you are an O365 user) integrate with MS PowerAutomate and generate an email that is sent on a schedule containing the data from the API. Formatted to your liking.

Just throwing out some ideas. Perhaps the community managers or product team members have a suggestion?

@rashmi.nag @sanofar.allahpichai 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Jennifer,

How many agents are you talking about?

I have an analytics report with 2 pages, each page having 1 widget per agent (currently 34).

I created one widget, using page filters and just a single agent name filter within the widget, and setup the underlying data columns.  I then scheduled that to send the CSV of the data to the agents email once per week.

It was then a matter of clone the widget, change the name filter, widget name, setup the schedule for that agent.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

This is a few months old but thought I’d add my thoughts. 

You could utilize tasks as these have completion dates, or tickets. The main thing is that the tickets being returned in your analytics report would show everything due today and you'd want to be more proactive! 

For instance what i do for service reviews is pull back urgent and high priority tickets to review. As depending on department size, the low tickets can be overwhelming. Or tickets with SLA’s ending in the next 48 hours. 

you could add a new field to your tickets under “field manager” and add a date field that the work will be completed on. And filter the report like that. 

Or just create a widget for each agent showing all their open tickets, schedule that tabular date to the agent every morning. And then they can add and remove what they like before presenting to you. 

My Mantra is always behaviours before tools! So reframing tickets into “customers” can really help with ticket closures. Its not a ticket its a customer who cant do their job until you fix this and its costing the company money. 

Or in my setting its a patient waiting for a life changing result on a blood test they have sent us and its been an anxious 6 hours and its still not there..