Question

Azure AD Provisioning

• 8 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, I am trying to populate the “Location” field in a Requester account. We have Azure AD provisioning set up and it’s working but it is not pulling one field we need from an Azure User account. I need the “Company name” field in Azure to populate the “Location” field in Fresh Service.

This is how I have the mapping set up for this in the Azure Fresh Service provisioning Enterprise App

When I try to do a Manual Provision to update this field I get Error code: null
And Error message: RedundantExport

What am I getting wrong?

2 replies

Hey I am having the same issue. This is what I have found out so far….

• The api reference for location is “location_id”.
  • Like the employee manager field, department, etc.. the location_id field is populated with just that, location id’s and not actual names. So somewhere/somehow it has to be able to translate the names into IDs. 
  • You can find your location_id’s by running a GET on https://ftcsolar.freshservice.com/api/v2/locations
  • It is quite possible that FS just doesn’t have that field available for SCIM. This is what support has told me in the past. Although that would be extremely odd that they have every other field available but this one.
  • Since locations are actually setup in the Assest section and not Requesters, maybe this has something to do with it?

Sorry can’t be of more help but maybe someone else can fill in the missing pieces here.

Ok, scratch my previous reply lol… just change “location_ad” to “location” and it should work.