Question

Conversation in Gmail doesn't work when Ticket ID is added to automatic response

• 22 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

We are just started with Freshdesk and everything looks OK. But one thing I can't setup the way I would like to. When I add the ticket number to the subject in an automated email response, there is no conversation in Gmail. When it is setup like picture below conversations work in Gmail:

When I set it up like picture below conversation in Gmail does not work.

I really would like to have the ticket number in the subject, but also want the conversations to work in Gmail. Can anyone explain how to set this up? Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi.

You can modify all your templates / notification to match the same. I guess you’re facing the issue because of the initial response (ticket has been created) that by default has no ticket number and a completely different subject.

Try to match all of them.

Regards,

Badge

Hi,

I don't understand you. I am testing with the 'Ticket has been created’ notification. I think the problem is that a customer sends “I haver a problem” as subject. And the ticketsystem adds the ticket number so it becomes "I have a problem #41” and then Gmail doesn't add the response email to a conversation. It also can be the fault of Gmail, but I would like to know if there are more people with this problem and how to fix this.

Ramon

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi.

Actually it is not that then.

Gmail threading is based on an internal MailID.

The issue is that FS, when sending that ticket has been created, that is a new mail; it is not a reply to the original one; hence, it does not contain the original MailID. That’s why Gmail is unable to thread it.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,