Skip to main content

Hello, 

I want to create freshdesk tickets with custom fields via csv/excel import. Is there a way to do this?

Please let me know.

Yes, you can create Freshdesk tickets with custom fields via CSV/Excel import. Freshdesk supports bulk ticket creation, and you can include custom field data in your CSV file. When preparing your CSV file, make sure to include columns for the required fields, including any custom fields you want to populate. During the import process, you'll map the CSV columns to the corresponding Freshdesk ticket fields, including the custom ones.

Hello,

I also need to create tickets through .csv or excel import, but I cannot find the bulk create ticket functionality. There is an Import buton for Contacts and Companies, but there is no such buton for ticket.

@FrankJenkins can you please elaborate about how you perform the bulk create?

Hi @Pranab 

If you have a CSV file with tickets, you can import it to Freshdesk using Help Desk Migration. Just make sure the CSV file includes all the required fields like ticket ID, subject, description, type, status, agent email, and so on. For custom fields, you'll need to add specific tags to the column headers (ticket field names) so that the Migration Wizard can recognize them. Here are the tags you should use:

_select - dropdown (e.g., ChooseProduct_select)
_date - time (e.g., due_date)
_integer - number (e.g., TicketInternal_integer)
_decimal - decimal (e.g., Cost_decimal)
Any other columns in the file without a tag will be treated as string (text) during mapping.

If you're looking to upload tickets from another help desk platform, you can also migrate them directly to Freshdesk using Help Desk Migration.

Hi @Pranab @Sylvain Lebel 

Greetings From Freshworks Community

To create tickets via importing a CSV file can be completed using marketplace application available Bulk Ticket Manager Pro. This application allows you to create tickets, update ticket fields and delete tickets by importing CSV file.

Link for reference :- https://swedbyte.com/freshdesk-bulk-ticket-manager-pro/