Question

Custom object as data source for incident fields

• 27 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I want to filter those data with the condition - logged in user's department. However it provides only logged in user's email, name, and reporting manager. To have logged in user's department as condition should be reasonable but now I can only virtualize an email account to be reporting manager of all requesters in the department to be workaround. How to achieve this and why the department is unavailble for condition?

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Sorry I typed a wrong subject. It should be: “Logged in user’s department as field condition”

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi.

This sounds like a good Idea.

I usually have to use web calls to get the department and work with it in Workflows, but here such option is not available, so indeed Department should be available as a standard field.

You may submit the Idea here:

Freshworks Ideas | Freshworks Community

And share it so we could vote on it.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi.

This sounds like a good Idea.

I usually have to use web calls to get the department and work with it in Workflows, but here such option is not available, so indeed Department should be available as a standard field.

You may submit the Idea here:

Freshworks Ideas | Freshworks Community

And share it so we could vote on it.

Regards,

Thank you for guiding me the way to request this feature. Also I would set workflows to call API if it works for me but actually not since I need department to be a condition to filter options on the page of "raise a ticket". This might only be achieved from the frontend design for now but I don't have a clue of how to customize frontend page.

In Freshworks, it appears you're facing a challenge with filtering data based on the logged-in user's department, as only the user's email, name, and reporting manager are available as conditions. To achieve this, consider creating a custom field for the user's department and then populating it for each user. This way, you can use this custom field as a condition in your filters. Unfortunately, the unavailability of department as a default condition may be a limitation within the platform. By creating this custom field, you can work around this limitation and filter data based on the user's department effectively. This approach should provide the desired functionality for your requirements within Freshworks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Please vote if you agree with this idea. Thanks!