Question

How do I hold pieces of information against a customer?

• 25 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

On PRO plan.  I have over 200 Companies in Freshdesk each raising tickets on a single product.  I’d like to hold information against each Company.

Small pieces of information, such as who each customer is hosted by on a drop down list and then that list be reportable.

Is this possible?  The only place I can see is the details, and you can’t report on it and it’s just free text.

Thanks

Jon

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi All,

On PRO plan.  I have over 200 Companies in Freshdesk each raising tickets on a single product.  I’d like to hold information against each Company.

Small pieces of information, such as who each customer is hosted by on a drop down list and then that list be reportable.

Is this possible?  The only place I can see is the details, and you can’t report on it and it’s just free text.

Thanks

Jon

Hi, 

Not sure what you mean with hold information, hosted by ? 

Can you make a screenshot and explain what you are meaning ? 

//Daniel 

Badge +2

I just want to be able to hold a piece of information against the Company.  So for example each customer is either hosted by a provider called ABC and the others are a provider DEF.  I want to be able to hold that information for each Company.  There doesn’t look to be anywhere to do this in Freshdesk.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Custom fields on the company. Then you can use the field to set a tag on the tickets with automations. 

You can create reports on tags. 

You can try out this app Freshdesk Company Viewer Integration | Freshworks Marketplace
It’s only for standard fields but can be extended with custom fields. 

Badge +2

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you.

You go to Admin → Customer Fields → Companies then click on the drag & drop field you want to add.