Question

How to disable article voting "Did you find it helpful? Yes No"

• 15 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hey,

I started to get a lot of spam requests coming from the "Did you find it helpful? Yes No" link at the bottom of an article. One can fill the form without any captha and sumbit a feedback which creates a support ticket in Freshdesk.

How can I disable this "Did you find it helpful? Yes No"? 

I tried to follow the instruction of this thread but I do not see any CSS settings in the cloned theme

cheers

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey JanC,

We had this issue this morning too. I found that moving the selection from ‘Everyone’ to ‘Logged in Users’, saving, then moving it back to ‘Everyone’ showed a checkbox to enable captcha. I’m almost positive that the box didn’t show up until I flipped the setting back and forth.

Additionally, the CSS setting is the top tab when editing the webpage under ‘Pages’ and expand ‘Stylesheet’, then click CSS. It was blank on ours and you just paste the 

.article-vote { 
display:none;
}

code into the blank CSS field, then preview, should remove the option for feedback under your articles.

Badge

hey

the selection from ‘Everyone’ to ‘Logged in Users’,

Where is that configuration?

Userlevel 1

That setting is under Admin->Portals->(mouse over your portal and click edit)->Select the ‘Manage Sections’ tab. On this page is the ‘Knowledge base’ section which should have your settings for ‘Knowledge base articles on this portal can be viewed by:’. This is also where you can limit the solution categories that end users have access to from the knowledge base.

Badge

I found that moving the selection from ‘Everyone’ to ‘Logged in Users’, saving, then moving it back to ‘Everyone’ showed a checkbox to enable captcha. I’m almost positive that the box didn’t show up until I flipped the setting back and forth.

Tried that but a ticket can still be submitted without a captcha when selecting the “thumbs down” in the “Did you find it helpful? “

Badge

Additionally, the CSS setting is the top tab when editing the webpage under ‘Pages’ and expand ‘Stylesheet’, then click CSS. It was blank on ours and you just paste the 

This I still cannot find :) Is it supposed to be in the page where I edit my Knowledge base article?

Userlevel 1

So your settings under Knowledge base look like this now?

Did you make sure to click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page?

The CSS settings are in Admin->Portal->(mouse over and select ‘Customize’)→ Edit your live theme or clone and edit if you want to make sure your edit will work before publishing to the live theme->Select the ‘Pages’ tab->Should look like this:

Then click ‘Save’ and ‘Preview’ to check that the change removed the option to submit feedback from under your articles.

Disclaimer: I’m not sure if there are differences between our versions or plans that would hide some of these options from your view.

Badge

I did click `Save` when enabling the captcha, Still nothing.

I don’t seem to be able to edit the CSS. I see only this:

Userlevel 1

Not being able to edit the CSS is probably a plan limitation then. Regarding the checkbox for captcha not working, I would reach out to Freshdesk for support as that sounds like a bug in your instance.

In the meantime so that you don’t continue to get bot created tickets you can switch the Knowledge Base setting to ‘Logged in users’ which prevents anonymous users from accessing solutions.