Question

How to export tickets in a readable format

• 7 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello!

I was wondering if there was a way (or if something was on a roadmap somewhere) to export tickets in a readable format such as PDF? I know that you can export the whole account, specific ranges, or individual tickets, but those all have undesirable outcomes or limitations.

Account export only creates XML/JSON files which is potentially helpful if migrating to another service but it doesn’t let you view it if needed (which we need to occasionally). 

Ranges only have basic ticket data like Ticket ID, requester, Status, Type, etc, but they don’t have any conversations or the initial description. They also only export as CSV or Excel formats.

Individual ticket options only include printing which is its own mess. Since we have a lot of fields on a bunch of request types, printing the ticket proceeds to include ALL of these potential choices in the file as well as the conversations and ticket info. Additionally, the print margins can’t be changed and text along the edges gets cut off due to it being so close to the edge. Lastly, while you can “Print” the page from the browser to a PDF which seems to work great, that’s only an option for a single ticket, not more than one/all of them.

Thanks for any input!

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Secrecy7919,

Greetings from Freshdesk community. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback regarding our ticket export options. We do have a feature request in place to enhance our ticket export capabilities, including the ability to export tickets in a readable format such as PDF, with all necessary details included.  I've created a ticket on your behalf and linked it to our feature request tracker. Rest assured, our development team is actively reviewing such requests, and I'll make sure to keep you updated on any progress or developments regarding this feature.  Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. If you have any further questions or suggestions, please feel free to reach out.

Badge +2

Hi @Secrecy7919,

Greetings from Freshdesk community. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback regarding our ticket export options. We do have a feature request in place to enhance our ticket export capabilities, including the ability to export tickets in a readable format such as PDF, with all necessary details included.  I've created a ticket on your behalf and linked it to our feature request tracker. Rest assured, our development team is actively reviewing such requests, and I'll make sure to keep you updated on any progress or developments regarding this feature.  Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. If you have any further questions or suggestions, please feel free to reach out.

Hello @Yusuf Ahmed ,

Thanks for your update, I look forward to the changes!

Is it possible to keep up with the progress of the feature request tracker?

Thanks again.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you for your response @Secrecy7919 . Our feature request tracker does prioritize enhancements based on the volume of similar requests from our customers. Your feedback plays a crucial role in this process, and rest assured, your request has been duly noted.

We will ensure to keep you updated via email if there are any developments or progress regarding the ticket export feature you've requested.

Happy Freshdesking!