Skip to main content

Good day! Is it possible to have an e-mail address not required to create a ticket? I’d like to use this internally to keep track of maintenance issues and I would like all the staff to be able to submit tickets using the portal, but fear if they have to enter their e-mail address rather than their name they will be less likely to do so. 

Good day! Is it possible to have an e-mail address not required to create a ticket? I’d like to use this internally to keep track of maintenance issues and I would like all the staff to be able to submit tickets using the portal, but fear if they have to enter their e-mail address rather than their name they will be less likely to do so. 

You can’t use SSO ?

Hi ChaseLarocque,

Greetings from Freshworks community. We understand that you’d like to have a way to create tickets without entering the requester’s email address. As much as we'd like to assist you, we currently do not support this as email address is a mandatory paramater for tickets in the helpdesk. 

However, if you are looking to create a separate workflow for internal tickets, please write to support@freshdesk.com for further assistance.

Hope this helps. ​Thank you!