Skip to main content

Hello!

I posted this message already as response to another post but I fear that it will not get the necessary attention there, so I relaunch it as a separate question.

Following the instructions from here:

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000000040-setting-up-the-thank-you-detector

agents will get a notification for a ticket response/added notes for
> already open tickets (tickets not closed or resolved)
> closed/resolved tickets that Freddy assumes are not a “Thank You” message.

I understand that the first property is set so the agent can see & decide if a ticket answer is a “Thank You” message or not and Freddy can learn from tickets closed without further answer that these might be in fact “Thank You” messages. 
There are just 2 points/questions I have:

1. We already have the email notifications (“requester replies to ticket” and “note added to ticket”) activated unter the category “workflows”. Isn’t that a double feature then? Don’t we get two notifications in that case when somebody answers to an open ticket? If yes, should we switch off the email notifications or rather eliminate the property “tickets with status not closed or resolved” in the automations?
  2. Being a Beta version, how reliable is it to open answers that contain the word “thank you” but still need to be answered? I, for example, often thank somebody for a quick reply but then ask for more information or give instructions. How sure can we be not to miss any similar answer from our clients?

I was really enthusiastic when I learned about the “Thank You” message detector as it is stressing us out to receive them which means to have to close the tickets again and getting our response time messed up. Last week I had a client who answered with a “it worked, thank you!” after THREE MONTHS! So we would be really glad to implement this feature.

Thanks to anybody giving me a reply.
Alexandra

Hi @AlexHanKM,

Greetings from Freshworks community.The “requester replies to ticket” email notification and the “note added to ticket” notification serve different purposes:

• Requester Replies to Ticket: This notification is sent to the assigned agent when a customer replies to an open ticket. It's designed to ensure that the agent is aware of any new customer input or follow-up required.

• Note Added to Ticket: This notification is triggered when another agent adds a note to the ticket. It sends an email to the agents mentioned in the “notify agents” field. This feature is particularly useful for internal collaboration, allowing agents to communicate important information or requests to other team members working on the ticket.

You don’t necessarily get two notifications for the same event; they are intended for different scenarios. If you find that these notifications are overlapping or causing confusion, feel free to DM me your contact info or email us at Support@freshdesk.com with any recent samples so that we can have this checked. 

Regarding Freddy Thank you detector, it operates based on a continuously-learning algorithm. Freddy, our AI module, learns from the actions of agents and adjusts its behavior accordingly. If you open tickets manually when they contain “thank you” but still require a response, Freddy will learn from this and improve its accuracy over time.

For more details on how the "thank you" detector works, you can refer to our community portal here.

By manually reopening these tickets, you help Freddy refine its algorithm and ensure that similar cases are handled correctly in the future. I hope this helps!