Question

Offboarding Help - Parsing UPN to kick off process

• 1 March 2024
  • 0 replies

Greetings all, writing this post in hopes of someone possibly being able to help me. 

I am working on building out an offboarding process. Something basic - Disables users, Moves them to OU, Updates Description, etc. 

Currently the issues I am running into seem to ultimately stem from our orgs differing Email/UPN situation. 

Email addresses are @domainA.org and UPN is set to @domainB.org

My issue being the email address presented is not sufficient when fed to the automator at locating the user. However, when testing the application workflow if I feed the system a UPN things seem to work. 

I imagine a simplified solution to change all requesters emails to reflect the proper domain so it can properly pass off the UPN however this is systemic again of our organization. 

I’ve attempted to use the following Powerful Placeholders with Liquid Filters : Freshservice  it seems to work when testing the workflow and feeding it the data.

Whenever I attempt to push an offboarding request through the portal it fails despite my manual tests working. It fails and reports the following - “Required inputs missing - user_principal_name”

0 replies

Join the Community or User Group to Participate in this Discussion