Question

Regular tickets import

Badge +1

Hi, 

I’m looking for a way to import some tickets regularly without paying at each time (like with desk migration tool).

I already use freshdesk for customer support, but theses tickets come from another source and I’d like to use freshdesk as well.

Thanks !

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi, 

I’m looking for a way to import some tickets regularly without paying at each time (like with desk migration tool).

I already use freshdesk for customer support, but theses tickets come from another source and I’d like to use freshdesk as well.

Thanks !

You haven’t thought of building a integration between the systems ? 

Badge +1

It won’t be approved, so I need to treat this topics manually...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It won’t be approved, so I need to treat this topics manually...

Okay, just sum up the time you do and present the the cost and advancement you get with a integration. 

You get the tickets in a CSV file ? 

//Daniel 

Badge +1

Yes, I export them from Salesforce (I know there is an API but I won’t be approved) and from now I handle this tasks with another tool. 

This is not so a matter of time, but I’d like to rationalize our tools : it would be great to deal with these tasks with freshdesk.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Have you looked at https://www.freshworks.com/apps/freshdesk/import_to_freshdesk/  ? 

I haven’t tested it my self. 

Badge +1

Yes, I’ve tested and its works, but you need to pay for each import. So is made for oneshot migration. Many thanks for your time !

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Yes, I’ve tested and its works, but you need to pay for each import. So is made for oneshot migration. Many thanks for your time !

oh I missed that, I see it now. 

Then maybe a powershell script that loops the CSV file and use the WEB API  to create the tickets. 

Badge +1

Ok, I look at it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Ok, I look at it.

I tend to use chatGPT or Bard to create the base script as “they” have both info regarding Powershell and Freshdesk API :) 

Badge +1

I could make it with Zapier !

Each time I add a row in my googlesheet, it creates a ticket in Freshdesk.