Question

Remove Login Box

• 7 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all

I have a query regarding the portal login page.

I work in a K-12 environment. I’ve set up SSO for agents and just creating it for staff (contacts)

We only want staff to use SSO (Azure SAML) to login to the support portal. I want to remove the ‘Log in to support portal’ box with the email / password fields and just have the Sign in with SSO button as the default login page.

The current email / password box is redundant and will only confuse staff. 

How can I remove it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 replies

Badge +3

It sounds like what you’re looking to do is hide these extra login fields, and only display the “Are you a customer? Login here” link, which goes to SSO.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s a way to do this. I pursued this question in the past (I looked and wasn’t able to find the support ticket for reference) because I have the same concern, that it’s redundant and confusing, but I’ve never been able to track down a way to get rid of that.

I don’t know if it’s quite what you’re looking for and we use Freshservice not Freshdesk, but in Admin service desk security settings you can limit login policy to just SSO or even redirect to SSO by default. We don’t have redirect set, but we only allow SSO login so clicking login on our custom portal url will automatically go to Azure AD login. I believe there’s a similar setting in Freshdesk.