Question

Source URL

• 25 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey guys. All good?

Example

Has anyone here ever thought about using the ticket's source URL for some tagging automation? Any idea?

We have some standard URLs where we make our ticket opening form available and I would like to automate some actions for tickets that are created from them.

2 replies

Badge

Yes, using the ticket's source URL for tagging automation is a great way to improve your customer support workflow. For example, if you have a ticket opening form on your website, e.g. like in this website [https://resultinpakistan.com/] you can use the source URL to automatically tag tickets with the appropriate category or department. This can help you to route tickets to the right people more quickly and efficiently.

Here is a specific example of how you could use ticket source URL for tagging automation on your website:

1. Create a ticket opening form on your website and add a hidden field for the source URL.
  2. When a visitor submits the form, the source URL will be captured and stored in the ticket.
  3. Use a workflow automation tool to create a rule that automatically tags tickets based on their source URL. For example, you could create a rule that tags all tickets from your website with the category "Web Support."
  4. Now, when a ticket is created from your website, it will be automatically tagged with the appropriate category. This will help you to route tickets to the right people more quickly and efficiently.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Exactly, Ghufran!However, I don't find this option among the others available within the automation creation menu. Are you talking about the "source" field? Inside it we have the ticket creation sources, but nothing that specifies the URL.

I tried to do this using specific string conditions in the ticket description, but it doesn't work either.