Skip to main content

When I reply to a ticket, then Freshdesk keep changing the client/sender’s name in my email body.  Even if I change it many times.  I like spell check but not on names.

How can I prevent this from happening?

Hi.

This (Spell Check) is usually done by browser, Browser add-on, or third-party app.

I’d suggest to double check which is actually doing it.

Note: If I understood the case correctly, the name (now being part of the reply), is text, so, spell checker is doing it’s job: Checking. Not sure if either Browser, Browser add-on, or third-party app could handle this type of exclusions. This would need to be revised with their respective support.

Regards,

When I reply to a ticket, then Freshdesk keep changing the client/sender’s name in my email body.  Even if I change it many times.  I like spell check but not on names.

How can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks for the clarification! I'll double-check which tool is handling the spell check. It makes sense that the spell checker is just doing its job by checking all text, including names. I'll reach out to the respective support teams to see if there's a way to manage these exclusions. Appreciate the guidance!

Hi @E.H. ,

Greetings from Freshworks community. As explained by Elvis, Spell check used by the browser or system could cause this however if that's not the case, please share a videograb of the event so that we can have this investigated. I wish you a nice day ahead!