Question

Changed Global Support Mail, emails not sending

• 25 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Good evening,

We were testing Freshdesk (free tier) and decided to change our support email before going live.

I’ve configured and logged in to the new address (365 integration) and it receives messages and creates tickets fine, but it does not send anything back to clients. The verification email never arrives, but I know we’re logging in and working since inbound emails are creating tickets.

We’re hoping to go live as soon as possible, thanks for any pointers to get this fixed.

~Whysyn

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Given the nature of your upcoming GoLive, I’d suggest to submit a support case. It could be faster.

But, going back to your case: several inquiries come to my mind:

Did you change the email to a different domain?

Did you setup DKIM and SPF properly?

Are you using internal FreshDesk/Freshworks mail system or are you using your own mail server for outbound deliveries?

Is your outbound connected to any relay / antispam or any security system inspecting Outgoing messages?

Those are the main topics you might check.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Badge

Hello,

The domain remained the same, DKIM & SPF are verified.

We've tried both Freshdesk & our own mail server. In testing it was working with our own server which is Microsoft 365/Exchange Online. We're using the default outbound connector in 365.

I haven't found where to open a support case, if you have any pointers there.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello,

The domain remained the same, DKIM & SPF are verified.

We've tried both Freshdesk & our own mail server. In testing it was working with our own server which is Microsoft 365/Exchange Online. We're using the default outbound connector in 365.

I haven't found where to open a support case, if you have any pointers there.

Thanks!

Usually that sounds like an issue in the backend of your instance that Support addressed. But, just double checking: Did you check your M365 logs? Aren’t there any entries for outbound traffic?

You may go here:

Support : Freshdesk

You can submit tickets in many ways: Directly in the site, through the chat; registering and logging in and submitting the case, via email, via phone call.

Hopefully, this would help.

Regards,