Solved

Few questions about Freshdesk

Hello,

We are implementing Freshdesk as a means of communication between our users, and the IT Team.

I would like to ask one question, and would like if you can answer me, please:

• we are willing to create accounts in Freshdesk only for Helpdesk users, and support agents. And provide an email channel to users, so they can create tickets. My question here is, can users interact with the web portal after creating the ticket by email

Thank you in advance,

icon

Best answer by naresh.narendernath 7 May 2021, 21:08

View original

5 replies

Hi @lotfi 

Welcome to Freshdesk :)

For sure! Once a requester (user) sends an email to your support email address, this email will be converted as a ticket in Freshdesk. Automatically, an activation email will be triggered to the above user to verify and activate the support portal.

Now here, the user will be able to check the ticket status, add a note and view all the information related to the ticket. In the portal, they can view all the open, closed pending tickets that they had raised with your helpdesk. 

This will be the ideal article to help you with all the insights :)

Cheers! 

Hello Naresh

Please, this user who is asking for support using support email address, does he need to have an account in freshdesk?

Userlevel 2

@lotfi For sure, the requester(user) would need to be signed in using the email he had initially raised the ticket from, in order to view the ticket status from the portal.

The account for the requester(user) is automatically created once they raise a ticket by any means, and the requester(user) can activate the account and set up a password using the activation email triggered to their email address.

Best!

Aldrin,
Freshdesk Community Team

Thank you @Aldrin 

I would like to know, if we can create accounts to users, using our Directory as a Service or SAML or SSO?

So they won’t have to create or manage several passwords?

Thank you in advance,

Userlevel 2

@lotfi You can definitely configure SSO for your contacts(users) as well so that they can securely authenticate to your portal through your Identity provider(IdP).

Here is an article that explains how you can set up SSO for your agents and contacts. We currently support the following protocols to exchange user identity information securely between the Identity Provider and Service Provider:

The support articles would guide you on how you can configure them, and If you need any further assistance with it, please feel free to write to support@freshdesk.com with your queries.
We're more than happy to help.

Cheers!

Aldrin,
Freshdesk Community Team