Skip to main content
Question

How to disable reCAPTCHA for logged customers?

• 10 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all!

While you’re in trial mode, is there a way to disable reCAPTCHA in the customer portal for logged in customers?

If I go in admin -> portal -> settings -> edit, you can only remove the flag from “Activate reCAPTCHA” only when “all customers can send tickets”. But if I select “Only logged customers can send tickets” the reCAPTCHA option is no more visible.

Support team says the reCAPTCHA goes away when you start paying the instance. Do you have any confirmation on that? It seems really strange that this feature disappear only upon payment.

Thanks

Massimo

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Nexus,

Greetings from Freshworks community!

Yes, that’s right. The Free account comes with a mandatory captcha for all new registrations in trial and free plans, which will be eliminated upon upgrading to a paid plan. Please let me know if you would like to upgrade so that I can involve the appropriate team.

Once upgraded, captcha will not be shown for a logged in user. If a logged in user has submitted multiple tickets in a short span of time, it would show the captcha for that particular user only and this has to be reset in the backend for that particular user. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sneha.