Skip to main content
Question

Threading of Tickets with Third-Parties

• 31 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’m trying to troubleshoot integration of third-party communications, and I’m wondering if it’s a technical limitation, or just an error I’ve overlooked somewhere.

Due to the high number of issues one of our vendor’s software is generating, we’re currently having staff send their problems directly to the vendor’s technical support team, while copying our helpdesk into the CC field. This generates a ticket on our helpdesk that we can then assign & categorise for later.

However, in the email conversations that ensue, while the requestor’s replies to the vendor are captured and added to the ticket, the vendor’s replies aren’t, even though both sides are CCing the helpdesk. (Both sides’ emails are reaching the helpdesk email inbox)

From what I understand of Freshdesk email threading ( https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000009268-overview-of-email-channel ), the vendor responses are following the necessary rules: Message-ID in the email header, and Email address(es) in the CC of the initial ticket.

Is there something obvious I’m missing? Or is there a way to create this vendor as an agent that receives no automated emails, if that’s more likely to work? (Don’t want to start spamming them with Freshdesk notifications)

Thanks for any assistance!

1 reply

Badge

It appears that the current method of integrating third-party communications into your helpdesk system is facing an issue where only the requestor's responses are being recorded, while the vendor's responses are not, despite both parties being CCed on the helpdesk. Since the vendor's replies seem to adhere to the email threading guidelines outlined by Freshdesk, there may be a technical constraint or a configuration error at play. One potential resolution could involve setting up the vendor as a distinct agent in your helpdesk system, ensuring they do not receive automated emails to prevent inundating them with notifications. Alternatively, you may consider reviewing your helpdesk's configurations or contacting Freshdesk support for additional troubleshooting support.