Question

Vanity support URL or custom support URL in Fresh Service?

• 23 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi all

We are running Fresh Service in MSP mode but would like to stick to just one portal URL for agents and customers.  

We want to change to a vanity or custom URL to become support.companyname.com rather than companyname.freshservice.com

This article seems to indicate a different method for MSP mode 

Setting up a custom domain for your service desk | Freshservice Rebranding : Freshservice

but I also came across this article

Using a custom support URL and pointing the CNAME : Freshdesk

Has anyone done this and can point me to the right method.  We just want every URL our agents or our customers see to be support.companyname.com.  I know I’ll need some kind of cname and possibly a certificate?  

thanks

Andy

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

You posted your inquiry regarding FreshService in the FreshDesk forum.

If you’re indeed using FreshService, the first link you shared is the one that applies for you. The second link is for FreshDesk.

My instance is also in MSP mode and I have a single vanity URL / custom domain for our customers, so, yes, you just need to follow the steps. It’s pretty straight forward. Just ensure to set the proper DNS records.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi.

You posted your inquiry regarding FreshService in the FreshDesk forum.

If you’re indeed using FreshService, the first link you shared is the one that applies for you. The second link is for FreshDesk.

My instance is also in MSP mode and I have a single vanity URL / custom domain for our customers, so, yes, you just need to follow the steps. It’s pretty straight forward. Just ensure to set the proper DNS records.

Regards,

ah thanks, that’ll teach me not to read the links properly, appreciate your response