Xero integration for Mint, Watcher API and a few bug fixes - Release notes through the first half of April, 2019

Related products: Freshdesk

Enhancements:

1. Admins can create tickets without the mandatory field check using public API:

Admins can create tickets with just the subject, description, and any of the available requester information(email, phone, etc.) through public API. Tickets will be created with open status and low priority by default unless explicitly mentioned in the request. If you'd like to enable this privilege for your account, drop us a note on this thread.

2. Watcher API:

You can now add, remove or get thelist of watchers on a ticket through the API.

Add watchers:                                                                                    
    End point: /tickets/bulk_watch
    Method: PUT
    Supported Format: JSON
    Payload:
    {
    "ids" : d<Ticket_ids>]
    }
    Ticket_ids - {Integer} Associated Ticket IDs (Required)

Remove watchers:

End point: /tickets/bulk_unwatch
    Method: PUT
    Supported Format: JSON
    Payload:
    {
    "ids" : t<Ticket_ids>]
    }
    Ticket_ids - {Integer} Associated Ticket IDs (Required)

Bug Fixes:

1. Priority or status values not showing up on the new ticket/email page:

At times, the priority or status field values don't show up unless the agents manually refresh the new ticket/email page. This has been fixed now.

2. 'Close' button for resolved tickets:

For tickets in resolved status, the agents were unable to see the 'Close' button at the top of a ticket. This was available in the classic UI and now sees its way through to the Mint interface as well.

3. Improper text wrapping in tickets:

Tickets with long sentences weren't wrapped properly and the scrollbar didn't show up unless the agents navigate to the end of the description/note. If they scroll down to the bottom, they weren't able to read the lines at the top. This has been fixed now.

4. Desktop notifications:

Clicking on the desktop notifications opened up the dashboard page instead of the actual tickets. Fixed now.

5. CC email gets merged with ticket cc for third-party responses:

In scenarios involving third-party responses, the internal email addresses (added to the private note
    conversations) were getting added to the ticket while replying to customers. This has been fixed now.

6. Copy-pasting retains the background color:

With the revamp of the ticket details page, any content copy-pasted from the description, customer/agent replies, and private notes, the background colors were also getting retained. Fixed now.

7. Word break in ticket subjects:

In tickets list view, if the subject of the line exceeds a certain length, it breaks into the next line without any proper word-breaks. Fixed.

Apps marketplace:

1. Xero integration for Mint: The much awaited Xero integration is now available on the Mint interface. With this integration, you can create draft invoices for the customer using the time spent by agents on solving tickets.

2. GitHub for Mint: Create/link tickets to Github issues and sync updates between Freshdesk tickets and GitHub issues, keeping your support and the engineering teams in sync.

Cheers!

So guys... where is the Xero integration for Mint?? Your link (above) takes me to a page that does not exist!! 

Hello Graham,

The app has been removed due to some issues. We'll be fixing them and it will be added to the marketplace soon.

Cheers!

@Aravind-what is happening with the integration? Its been disabled and I can't get back to the old freshdesk front end so I am stuck. It's been nearly 6 months since the discussion around this were started and its a feature that is required by a number of users. Please advise when this will be reinstated (or at least how do I get back to the old freshdesk)

@aravind - just to add my voice to this. This must be hugely embarrassing for Freshdesk... releasing key software that doesn't work properly. Yet, I'm not detecting that Freshdesk is embarrassed by this at all, and the lack of updates (let alone apologies for breaking the service that we pay for...) is deafening.

We understand that there are issues with software sometimes, but Freshdesk's communication on this one (and others) has been poor and the whole thing seems half-baked. As paying customers of Freshdesk, it is really not sufficient to say 'sorry we've taken it down as there are some problems', and give no clue as to when it will return so that we can plan - or at least provide much more regular updates (eg every few days). If I did that with my customers - I would be out of business.

Please keep us updated - every 2-3 days if necessary.

@Brett@Graham I'm really sorry for leaving this topic in the dark. We have been releasing key integrations for Mint over the past few months and to be honest, Xero has been the most difficult of them all. We have been running into quite a few issues related to authentication, server set up etc. but things have been ironed out already.

The integration is in QA now and it is likely to be released by early next week. I'll definitely follow up with any updates regarding this on the thread.

Cheers!

@Brett@Graham Good news. We've managed to get the Xero app live on our marketplace. While it might take at least 24 hours for the listing to appear publicly on our marketplace sit,. you will be able to install the app now from Admin > Apps > Get more apps section.

Cheers!

@Aravind @BrettAravind - thanks for the update and great that it is now live. Shame it doesn't work though. I have gone through the set up, Authorised access in Xero, and it does show up in Freshdesk. However - when I click on 'Xero for Mint' in the right column, I just get the error "There was an error while loading data". Also during the setup, I only saw a few of my Inventory Items from Xero listed - not all of them by any means. Unless I've done something wrong (please tell me if I have), I think you need to sack your testing and QA team.... Brett - have you got this working yet?

@Graham I ran into the same error as well 😞 The team is looking into this on priority and we suspect it to be related to request timeouts. I'll confirm that in a bit and share the plan on how quick we'll be able to tackle this.

Cheers!

@Graham We've identified the issue and we'll be fixing them asap. I'll post an update as soon we get this done.

Cheers!