Changes to the ticket layout, few critical bug fixes for the week - Release notes, February 12, 2019

Related products: Freshdesk

Enhancements:

1. New improved ticket page layout:

We've made a few changes to the ticket page based on the feedback we've received so far, related to the Mint experience. Head over to this topic and share any feedback you have 🙂 We'd be happy to hear what you think of these changes and any improvements that we can make to improve the experience.

2. Easily identify responded vs non-responded tickets from the ticket list: 

With this change, it is now easier to identify the tickets that need your attention right from the ticket list page.

Bug Fixes:

1. Issue with copy-pasting tables from Excel/Google sheets:

When the tables were copy-pasted from an external source, the formatting wasn't retained and the borders on the table were lost. This has been fixed now.

2. Using backspace to delete a word:

When an agent hits backspace to remove a word in a sentence (while writing a reply), it also removed the space between its preceding word. Fixed now.

3. Unable to convert an occasional agent to a full time agent:

A recent breakage made it difficult for the admins to convert the agents' profile to a full time one on Freshdesk. Fixed.

4. Splitting a reply on an Outbound email ticket:

Any response split from an Outbound email ticket will now be considered as created through email as opposed to an Outbound email, so that the customers don't get a copy of their own response.

5. Unable to add notes from the customer portal:

We noticed that the notes added by users on the portal weren't getting updated on the tickets. We quickly identified the root cause and the fix has now been made.

Cheers!

I can confirm that this issue is not fixed.:

2. Using backspace to delete a word

I still have this happening to me.  Also, pressing backspace may still also remove spaces between paragraphs.  The editor looks better, but it still has many time-wasting issues.

@Gregg Is it happening every time you hit the backspace button? Can you please share more information about your browser/OS configs so that we can run a quick test again?

Cheers!

Interestingly enough, I cannot replicate it this morning although I had been having issues for several days.  I will be sure to keep an eye on it and let you know if it reappears.

It is intermittent and I cannot figure out what triggers it.  It may have something to do with pasting text.  Nonetheless, I still have the editor removing spaces between sentences and sometimes between paragraphs.

I have attached a video I took this morning.  It shows my frustrating time trying to reply to a customer this morning.

I went to the classic Freshdesk and did the exact same thing and it worked perfectly!  I generally like the look and feel of Mint, but it is unreliable and buggy.  I find myself using the classic Freshdesk more and more.