FRESHDESK SUPPORT DESK AND FRESHDESK OMNICHANNEL RELEASE NOTES NOV 15 to DEC 20, 2021

Related products: Freshdesk

Product updates:

Out-of-the-box Freshdesk and Freshservice integration

With this native integration, your customer support teams on Freshdesk can raise incidents and service requests to internal teams on Freshservice. With a complete view of customer conversations and automated workflows, your internal teams can collaborate faster with your support team to help resolve issues -— without having to switch between tools.

Read more

ETs94P_LPQ1KpWmT8c9B2xd10OkHfr3vV_OSB7wLoPuXZTHSKVmojEj1xa06UgZma_jsdk__QwEp0fzDNjBKiabjY-2-6Wwzw6hOOIO0WRYsVvs_Ld_KvN7_V9LyJpnvw0YrqBMr

Introducing all new enterprise-grade Freshdesk Analytics

Get insights faster with a comprehensive set of curated reports that help you understand ticket volume trends, customer satisfaction, and much more to take data driven business decisions. Shortly, we are bringing highcharts, interactive filters to build and modify reports with ease. You will be able to analyze reports on the go with tablet and mobile support. You can extend Freshdesk’s Analytics capabilities with the upcoming GoodData integration.

Read more

4Ol9q8FQN1tgNNrl7HUJdSQ6Y8DyKRod85k6dYXYan8ctac63HF3yRtkt_Q5DnTKxeqUwht9JdYjz1iK9hr3qiRJpiSt9UiTPadL79ukyrZ1drMIZDKiQIkhuziu6PIcbzKe9AZT

Mobile Analytics

Get the power of Analytics web experience in your mobile apps. Use the Freshdesk mobile app to stay on top of important metrics without having to leave the mobile app. You can view and search for widgets, and deep dive into specific widgets right from your mobile app. It’s available on 

• Android: App version 7.3 and above

• iOS: App version 7.3 and above

Read more

0ItoS9VBquNYZ3KMUt9j3gsrpWLa3QmMmb9j0b1kQupJM5mxITX2YttxfG1MIBEghCx_qhZnODENI_Am7zlekdf4kNnwvrSb0LkeOrBSjZgOeoA5J8CfYshT0SYMKgbHQmXlAXyi

Enhancements:

• New permissions to manage Agent Shifts and OOO effectively

Admins can now choose who can manage Agent shifts and Out of Office settings. These are now available as separate permissions for agent roles. For existing roles, these permissions will be enabled by default and if you are setting up a new role, you have to enable the permissions as required.

azXXK8UTeM0zaZz4vcTHZbhZ_lkeqAnMoBQYm00j3j4hge18aq2uf71kgjYC9tjSFpHn7xhRw76RpLhPBjROE_gzjKC52g7tfWCm261lHZla1YtXTpH0lshgbLKxisQeCqbCHz1Z

• UI/UX Improvements in Freshdesk ‘All Tickets’ page

You will be able to sort tickets in Freshdesk based on First Response, Next Response, and more.  Available on Request. Also, supervisors will be able to search for an agent by name instead of scrolling manually when bulk assigning tickets.

• Improvements to the Automations module

We are making design improvements to the Automations UX to make it more nuanced and improve the overall user experience. And agents/supervisors will be able to view the email content on the ticket thread for all Automations rules that perform a send email action. This improves visibility of all communications sent to an end-user to someone reading through ticket updates. 

• Users can avail the Christmas theme in the Freshdesk Support Desk mobile app

• The Freshdesk Support Desk app is now compatible with iOS15

Bug Fixes:

These were the bugs detected and they’ve now been fixed.

1. Portal URL was stuck in Loading state when Freshworks Certification Management was present in the account. 

2. The agent portal was broken and was not loading due to certain Memcache issues. 

3. Whenever an account administrator was removed whose API key was linked to Freshdesk Messaging and Freshdesk Contact Center, an invalid API error was thrown. 

4. Salesforce<>Freshdesk was not happening properly and a 504 error was thrown. 

5. There was a random line appearing automatically in private notes.

6. If ‘None’ was selected as a dropdown condition, the condition was not visible in the automation page. 

7. The Omni route page was not loading in the sandbox account.

8. Placeholders were not working while sending +New emails. 

9. There was an error in updating start and end times in agent shifts.

10. Attachments were not removed for tickets created with templates. 

11. Incorrect search results were displayed on the company page. 

12. Date fields were overlapping in the UI. 

13. Changes made to automation didn't work in preview before saving the changes. 

14. Creating a note from email failed, but in the log, it showed - "Email Processing Successful: Email Successfully created as Note!!" 

15. Company segment filters did not get applied for SAL policies. 

16.  When taking a ticket export, the format automatically changes from .xls to .xlsx. 

17. The Notification schedule was crashing in the Freshdesk Support Desk app. 

Cheers :)

Hello! When will dark mode for agents be available? It’s been promised over a year ago, and the topic has been discussed on the forums for three years.

The Mobile app needs serious work.  Photos are incorrect of contacts on tickets and ticket status are also not accurate to actual status of tickets.  As a manager its pretty frustrating to be correcting my staff on ticket updates, when I’m the one who in fact has the wrong info. I pretty much lost faith in this product.

Hello! When will dark mode for agents be available? It’s been promised over a year ago, and the topic has been discussed on the forums for three years.

As an alternative until a native option is available - u can download the Dark Reader Chrome browser extension. Works great with FD.

Seems like there was a change made where some email replies created a new ticket despite having the same subject/recipients/links/etc.  Even when a new CC was added, the emails remained connected to the same ticket.  Now it appears a whole new ticket is created.

What change was made that this is now occurring and is this the expected behavior moving forward?

Thanks!

When is Freshdesk going to fix the many bugs in the editor?

Just download https://darkreader.org/ Extension it works great 

We are making design improvements to the Automations UX to make it more nuanced and improve the overall user experience. And agents/supervisors will be able to view the email content on the ticket thread for all Automations rules that perform a send email action. This improves visibility of all communications sent to an end-user to someone reading through ticket updates. 

I really don’t like this feature at all as it clutters the ticket thread even more.
At least give us the option to disable the feature when we have no use for it!

I really don’t like this feature at all as it clutters the ticket thread even more.

I agree with @Thorsten. We include a “Send email to agent” notification step in dozens of automations to be able to customise the agent notification email for new tickets based on the type of the ticket. Starting this morning, all new tickets now have the contents of this notification email (which includes a lot of metadata from the ticket) added as what looks like a public note, visible to the client (is it??), and the agent gets an additional (!) notification email about having been notified. This is very spammy and messy. We now have to change our entire process and disable notifications for the time being.

Can someone from Freshworks at least please confirm asap whether those notes are visible to clients, and if not, please change the background colour accordingly (e.g. to the same as is used for private notes, or a new colour), as well as the wording (currently, it’s saying “...replied via Automation X”) to avoid confusion about what is being shared with clients?

Hi,

about Improvements to the Automations module, I would suggest to have those details in the history activity section, instead of the ticket thread and confusing the agent.

Could this be an option or de ativate it somehow?

We echo this! we have very long email threads and 0 interest in cluttering it even more. Would be great if we had the option to disable it, at agent level or for the whole instance.

Hi,

about Improvements to the Automations module, I would suggest to have those details in the history activity section, instead of the ticket thread and confusing the agent.

From what I can tell, those actions are also listed in the “Activity” section of a ticket.
That’s the weird part, it’s available in the Activity section as well as in the regular ticket thread!

Hi,

From what I can tell, those actions are also listed in the “Activity” section of a ticket.
That’s the weird part, it’s available in the Activity section as well as in the regular ticket thread!

You can see those rules in the activity tab, just the activity in itself, not the email that gets sent out. (they were like this before the enhancement).

The addition is this, that expands in the email that gets sent out and will appear already expanded in the email exchange tab

These Improvements to the Automations module

should only be shown in the “Activity section” of a ticket and not in the ticket thread.

Especially if you have multiple conversations with a customer in a ticket, it gets very confusing for the agent when the automation module writes into the regular thread as well.

If only shown in the “Activity section” the new feature could be quite helpful.

I and all of our agents would appreciate it if this could be changed ASAP.

Hi!
We are also quite effected by this and this creates unnecessary clutter in the tickets. 

Me and my team would appreciate  aswell if this could be changed as soon as possible. 

I agree with @Thorsten. We include a “Send email to agent” notification step in dozens of automations to be able to customise the agent notification email for new tickets based on the type of the ticket. Starting this morning, all new tickets now have the contents of this notification email (which includes a lot of metadata from the ticket) added as what looks like a public note, visible to the client (is it??), and the agent gets an additional (!) notification email about having been notified. This is very spammy and messy. We now have to change our entire process and disable notifications for the time being.

Can someone from Freshworks at least please confirm asap whether those notes are visible to clients, and if not, please change the background colour accordingly (e.g. to the same as is used for private notes, or a new colour), as well as the wording (currently, it’s saying “...replied via Automation X”) to avoid confusion about what is being shared with clients?

I am not from Freshdesk, however our tests show that this note is not being shared with clients and is only visible for the agent handling the ticket. 

Update, we are not seeing the note anymore in recently created tickets.

@CristianaFiu   @Bruno G @Thorsten @michaelm 

I was infomred that Freshdesk has now rolled back the feature for all accounts due to a technical glitch in the backend. 

I was infomred that Freshdesk has now rolled back the feature for all accounts due to a technical glitch in the backend. 

Thank you!! Any idea if it will be rolled out again? 

Thank you!! Any idea if it will be rolled out again? 

No info on that. I had created a ticket at FD support and got informed of the roll out by one of their Technical Account Managers.

They also informed me about this feature being deactivated again due to several customers complaining about it.

It didn’t sound like a temporary rollback though but rather a permanent deactivation for now.

Hi, 

The rollback on ‘Improvements to the Automations module’ is permanent. We regret the inconvenience, and we are looking at ways to make the feature a better experience for the users. For now we’ve rolled it back though, and we will not be implementing it in the future before getting prior feedback.