FRESHDESK SUPPORT DESK AND FRESHDESK OMNICHANNEL RELEASE NOTES FROM FEB 1st to FEB 28th 2022

Related products: Freshdesk
FRESHDESK SUPPORT DESK  AND FRESHDESK OMNICHANNEL RELEASE NOTES FROM FEB 1st to FEB 28th 2022

PRODUCT UPDATES:

Neo Admin Center: Idle Session Timeout 

Easily configure idle session timeout duration for your users' sessions from the session management section, in the security module of the Neo Admin Center.  Once enabled, users will have to reactivate sessions by logging in as per company policies.  Go on and enforce both security and compliance, at one go!

Read more

B66jarU53RqS0f-KRaSKXFFL04nj055yMVD7EsNPs8zkW6v2_VSH4SiSHl1ygwSUGbiU70yyigp2oGxnj9WkCLkpGIM_JRTJahDFjUf3uJa0kv0CqgNfRhn5gFz0n2dKuT3Kwnwc

Bug Fixes:

These were the bugs detected and they’ve now been fixed:

1. The ‘New topic created’ link from forums threw 404 error and was not accessible.

2. There were formatting issues in articles with unnecessary white space.

3. When a dropdown field was deleted and created with the same name but different dropdown values, corresponding updates were not shown in the table view on ticket list page.

4. Columns on the tags page were overflowing outside the table and had formatting issues.

5. Attachments were not found for tickets created from eBay.

6. Ticket properties were not getting updated due to cache issues.

7. Log time was getting duplicated in tickets.

8. Resolution due was not shown in UI.

9. The child template froze and became uneditable when the custom field it inherited was archived.

10. Special characters did not pass through while importing the contacts.

11. Mobile app sessions were not disconnected when changing the password.

12. Automation rule didn't work when one of the field values was ‘None’.

13. Bulk ticket delete failed when 100 ticket display IDs were passed via public API.

14. Contacts were being added to the Agent performance report as extra agents.

15. Freddy email bot analytics was not working.

16. Ticket descriptions were distorted due to CSS issue.

17. When 'Display portal name in the customer portal' was turned OFF, the portal name was still getting displayed to the customers.

Cheers :)

Just some feedback from a fellow support professional… please do a better job of alerting your users when bugs are discovered. Its very frustrating to have to go thru the reporting process and even worse to get nipped by an issue without getting a chance to be proactive.

Please try to improve this. And not to be that guy (im not having a great morning, full disclosure, but this has been awhile coming), it is amazing at how difficult it has been getting our account upgraded to omnichannel. We are even trying to shift to annual billing and it has still taken over 3 months now since the original request and we still have not been upgraded. I also seem to have stopped receiving responses when checking in on this… just sad as I have tried to champion your products at my company and its not working out for me for very prevalent things… please try to treat your users better freshdesk and freshdesk messenger. It will only be a matter of time until a competitor takes advantage of these openings.

Just some feedback from a fellow support professional… please do a better job of alerting your users when bugs are discovered. Its very frustrating to have to go thru the reporting process and even worse to get nipped by an issue without getting a chance to be proactive.

Please try to improve this. And not to be that guy (im not having a great morning, full disclosure, but this has been awhile coming), it is amazing at how difficult it has been getting our account upgraded to omnichannel. We are even trying to shift to annual billing and it has still taken over 3 months now since the original request and we still have not been upgraded. I also seem to have stopped receiving responses when checking in on this… just sad as I have tried to champion your products at my company and its not working out for me for very prevalent things… please try to treat your users better freshdesk and freshdesk messenger. It will only be a matter of time until a competitor takes advantage of these openings.

Well said. I thought I was alone in this… 

Are you working with a representative directly? Have you tried calling the sales line at 866-832-3090?

Hi Rachel! appreciate that info! I will do so on Monday. It is so weird. We are an existing account and the account manager was responsive at first, but has since fallen off (with no autoreply or anything). Kind of a sad irony lol...

There were formatting issues in articles with unnecessary white space.

Can you please add more detail to this? We’ve been battling the white space issues with article formatting for two years and now have a set workflow and internal guides on how to make the articles look right, and I want to make sure my team is informed on changes.

Also, I’ll echo TylerP from above - since IPO, service quality has decreased dramatically. I get random emails from my ‘new customer success manager’ every 3-4 months for each Freshworks product I use, demanding a meeting to discuss my usage and changes. Not sure what’s going on there, but other services are going to eat your lunch if you don’t bring service quality back to where it was 2-3 years ago.

Hi @TylerP

Thank you for your honest feedback and I’m sorry that you’ve had a poor experience with us recently. We have escalated this issue internally and I will personally follow up to have someone respond and resolve the issue for you.

We do not take our advocates and brand champions lightly and I hope we can provide a better experience going forward. 

@TylerP,

I am the VP of CS at Freshworks and this thread was brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize for your experience. This is unacceptable and unusual. I will have your customer success manager reach out to you immediately to solve these outstanding questions with urgency.

Quick update (fairness in negative replies act lol) - Freshworks has reached out to me on this. New CSM and meeting on Wed afternoon to discuss and hopefully eliminate roadblocks on our upgrade snags.

Will update on here next week if i can with hopefully even better news like we can use omnichannel! looked at screenshots again of the dash and it looks soooo good. just want a crack at using it now lol

Quick update (fairness in negative replies act lol) - Freshworks has reached out to me on this. New CSM and meeting on Wed afternoon to discuss and hopefully eliminate roadblocks on our upgrade snags.

Will update on here next week if i can with hopefully even better news like we can use omnichannel! looked at screenshots again of the dash and it looks soooo good. just want a crack at using it now lol

@TylerP That’s good to hear - thank you for the update! We’d love to hear back once its implemented! :)

Even after complaining about trying to upgrade omnichannel (30+ days since starting the process) ….. I’m still twiddling my thumbs waiting for your staff to take action…

At this point I think I would rather move over to Zendesk or Zoho…. Get my account sorted or say goodbye to a once loyal customer

Even after complaining about trying to upgrade omnichannel (30+ days since starting the process) ….. I’m still twiddling my thumbs waiting for your staff to take action…

At this point I think I would rather move over to Zendesk or Zoho…. Get my account sorted or say goodbye to a once loyal customer

Hi @FazZA - I’m sorry to hear that this still has not been resolved. I am escalating with your AM and will ensure it is resolved for you. Thank you for reaching out and keeping us posted.

Unfortunately I have been having the similar problems. We are on the old platform and were told our platform would be updated with the “rebranding” and have yet to see that happen. Resulting in us not being able to properly connect solution articles to our chatbot. Additionally, with the new structure we were told our pricing would actually go down and now we cannot get our representative to respond to us or agree to set a meeting time to update us on this. We are having trouble with reporting features as they seem to be “buggy” as they were previously working fine. Considering looking for a new company ASAP.

Unfortunately I have been having the similar problems. We are on the old platform and were told our platform would be updated with the “rebranding” and have yet to see that happen. Resulting in us not being able to properly connect solution articles to our chatbot. Additionally, with the new structure we were told our pricing would actually go down and now we cannot get our representative to respond to us or agree to set a meeting time to update us on this. We are having trouble with reporting features as they seem to be “buggy” as they were previously working fine. Considering looking for a new company ASAP.

Hi @Shawna.Fuller - I’m sorry to hear about this poor experience and how frustrating it must be. I will escalate internally and have someone get back. 

Hi @Shawna.Fuller. I’m Pavleen, your CSM from Freshworks. My sincere apologies for this delay. Since today morning, I’ve been in touch with your Account Manager (who had been working on this) and we’re figuring out the next steps as I’m writing this. We’ll be reaching out to you today and would like to address all your concerns over a call. For future reference, I’ve DM’d you my contact details and my calendly link. Again, sincere apologies for the delay here.

Hi @FazZA - I’m sorry to hear that this still has not been resolved. I am escalating with your AM and will ensure it is resolved for you. Thank you for reaching out and keeping us posted.

Still waiting………….

Hi @FazZA - I’m sorry to hear that this still has not been resolved. I am escalating with your AM and will ensure it is resolved for you. Thank you for reaching out and keeping us posted.

Still waiting………….

Hi @FazZA - Thank you for the update - I’m sorry to hear that this hasn’t been resolved as yet. I have escalated this again and will follow up till we have this resolved.  

Still waiting………….

Hello @FazZA 

Consider our sincerest apologies for the delay here! There has been some product level issue with the Omnichannel bundling which is why this got pushed for long. Just give us an ETA until tomorrow, I shall have this resolved for you and ensure the product experience makes up for the proper lack of support so far. Do reach out to parth.badani@freshworks.com in case of further queries.

Thanks!