Release Notes

Freshservice Release Notes - Aug 2023

Related products: Freshservice
Freshservice Release Notes - Aug 2023

Note: All the features/enhancements below will be available on Starter and Growth plans on Aug 16th 2023. For Pro and Enterprise plans will be available on Aug 30th 2023.

Product version: 2023.R08L.01

New Features and Enhancements

[Beta] Ticket Collaboration on Slack 

Category: IT Service Management 

Users can now instantly initiate conversations with relevant stakeholders on Slack from within the Freshservice ticket details page. This will allow collaboration with context, eliminate tool switching and bring a summary of the ticket right into Slack, either on an existing channel or a new channel, aiding faster ticket resolution and enhanced agent efficiency.

Note: This feature will be available in public beta from September 1st 2023

More details here.

XBJeuGk2cp_4b5ACPW4vAbjHfS1XMFNyK83bMGrrBZVa0EqtlWVEF_sA40SJKztKLjcPE1hgsnkzRGqRM3yWmm7QUOXH5zVjeumLgV2ZfypsJviFYHTLBHPpvoc4cvvG33og97DuTkSN8P8T8DE7lGo

Comprehensive Reporting with Custom Metrics and Attributes 

Admins and users can now create their own metrics & attributes that suit their requirements. These custom metrics and attributes can be defined and derived by applying arithmetic and logical operators and a variety of functions on existing metrics & attributes.
Note: This feature will be available on Pro and Enterprise plans only.

More details here.
fnLdkuPe23W65RRAIgrFnE2Q_4rOSTqY6J5yjUyd5iOL1yOI7elf78BbIi9OpqfhebIK0YPAyT-zQ4iBYrMfTc-GOreWb8DBWzLMHLc10qD6kwvX0ce0mmVnQnovFzDZhxEjyQm3mSzHWsHtrLWV_N0

Selection of Non-agents as Requesters for Changes 

Users can now search and select non-agents as requesters when creating a new change. This is configurable and offers greater flexibility in assigning requesters, facilitating a seamless workflow for change management.

l05knHF3Ln7ILmws-DwIDh0Jq3Wbhn3YCOiYRdYBAEtw8FeszUH3ANJQ6zXHEilA-qUSVK33cA-0r4a8EE2nVdVvAcdGhld5_DusOTBDwFuEULfHOiwVS17sXxMmQFMcGqhVRvTGV2rvjD3_EWdp0uI

Enhanced Email Error Alerts 

Freshservice will now alert users for failed email delivery within ticket conversations and email notifications, ensuring stakeholders stay informed. Agents will be able to see a 'review' icon adjacent to the ticket for better clarity and troubleshooting, providing concise reasons for the failure.

C1BJgVD0IvICxHub2t2yL1pX0SexmWAGYTzuEdQFtx10XLljchJLDtcwqvUEwcCdl6aVa9LXelTOox6d6Q7BT74DvuipWMhrxNF2iZHeH5O1U-u4Z18CW7niwirOZ4zBeFtVvSStAfLKH08NadecQeE

Improved User and Department Modules for Reporting 

Agents can now utilize the new fields and associations below to keep track of user activities and manage assets efficiently for improved reporting insights:

Users module: 

• ‘Assets used’ to show assets currently being used by a user 
  • ‘Assets managed’ to show assets currently being managed by an agent 
  • ‘Is Active’ attribute to show if a user is currently active in Freshservice 

Department module: 

• Support for department custom fields 

Note: This feature will be available for all plans on the 30th of August 2023. 

Check email alert regex within Freshservice 

Category: IT Operations Management

Users can now check the output of the regex based alert field mapping within Freshservice. While setting up an email integration, users can simply copy and paste the sample email template, input the regex on the field mapping screen, and see a preview of the value that their regex extracts from emails. This simplifies integration by eliminating errors in regex creation.

More details here.

wyXFdDSWEP-S6zlb4552ux83dAjjr4z13-2U8LWc1Y-aiii7B1_x1r6le7LKhMEGV8j2eaaz4SLjJZaZ9o3c_KNDQyhT65nWHy4_sDoRdm6EljRpMZ-n9aaq9GADogG_JQrQETqAg_ll1ZyYm-2Mwfs

AoFZ2r862MDLp51WMBnEmr43Ph7f5lmgVN56gm16pzWkrL_OLXHhFu10dcqnV4yoxdwcHLNKfo-WEd_qTIWBHaibusPrSl5RPSLGe3a3WMcZMeiguEbxzQHRFuUz4K5A3Lqth8GIoQTQnTWS9fuWMfk

Enhancements in On-call Shift Page

Category: IT Operations Management

Users can now access the on-call calendar for an agent group right from the shift page. This will help them understand the availability of the agent group and design a shift accordingly.

WFZgdrVrciHJXrK1vGLXpoRPH-XRAsJsRRcRynppGut8Bc0nZNOARz0cOCwrnFfglVyhxFraOgg3Sfq01WJKqXiAf-ZoM0YgWEMGcDD4s0cX2PxA4fQww-xvhICPIihbno5Sgc_BxDzl6PgDD2LChZU

Simplified Workspace Management

Category: Mobile

Workspace information is now available on the mobile app for improved clarity. Agents will be able to view, edit and move tickets and assets across workspaces for greater control and efficiency.

Q5vUUtIIXW6GCAyvftxiebZsumuLGr9gersZTSeHT3GTqdh8GbkRj6FVlADMKFx3Dqog52KHCNpeJn-BfCx7BoZaQ63csAiTNUbwnkxvtvY6qAGvLDhxkihPP6HQt5nO1ohuY49KAzX80d7qziuzB18

Search Software Users and Filter Software Better

Category: IT Asset Management

With the latest enhancements to the software management module, you can now search for users associated with a software, and filter software based on their source of discovery.

odm7HW0HT3u4it3YHViCpFwCRYSRpdyoXj7Tbvt_CT4oRBJpXvvHppH7aYme7QlyPZGvC-8k9JPMHMcZjxjXTNkfP_mj58ycgT6MetlnPtSIF-Uxaxd6ZBnQhDD_HBfBxi2NtbxvlHuW1CDFJMz23wE

Streamline Workflow Efficiency with Asset Reader Node

Category: Workflows/Automation

Eliminate the need to hardcode Asset information within the Automator for Approvals and Notifications. Easily streamline workflows and reference asset details from the business object using the Reader node. 

More details here.
_MT4aZcc4UDhJz5eTVJhPh6ETD9g-MfVYyRxW04CofrGW5uuViZnNT2xT2r06kUQ0Q5ekxjt7zlOFnbPk02le7yTpCKk22PIhwWF0HUYkXiE5qbw3YkXQu4YNhjS-Pa8U7-2ZQiKEBqtnpf8JS1kAZI

Tasks Based Automation

Category: Workflows/Automation

Users can now perform task-based automation using Reader, App, Web Request, JSON Parser, and Expression Nodes within workflows. Automate recurring tasks such as employee onboarding/offboarding and improve agent productivity.
gubDl5UABic6sAWPeqdml8tvDCZ--X3liLnTK9QElR2rxOa8BGs1fdimoVcxGv3iWple9k4rLl6Zt__OmsBl4bHOmqLr6T0UE7-_VmoCK3-GNqU0svJrV1ELam7usaCB3gTSc8PKnabN33zxkWTBzCU

Enhanced Agent Profile for MSP accounts

Category: Managed Service Providers 

With an enhanced agent profile, admins in MSP accounts will have a holistic view of agent information, including basic details, assigned roles, tickets, assets, and more, making it easier to navigate to specific information.

Note: This capability will be made available in a phased manner starting 31st Aug '2023 in eligible MSP accounts

zHDyPaBBq6EinHc3Es9TaOjwgNfP-4JHMyK-iN1Axctb6Lmhg3pAmHXxNQ84xS18s-hUjqFRDnrsI5Wji2rMqJG5dIsHJ15saZcCRszB5_K8qfqE3vX3Zmi6vaKLBEiK_eAcBHcjl0TkQifTY5FPK-s

Advanced Role Management for MSP accounts

Category: Managed Service Providers 

With advanced role management, single and multiple MSP accounts will be enabled with two different types of roles: Agent roles and Admin roles. This makes it easier to grant granular access to settings and data. Read the article to understand the impact on agent APIs. 

Note: This capability will be made available in a phased manner starting 31st Aug 2023 in eligible MSP accounts

More details here.

i2h_khXT1poc4rTM892K4p17764XV9OiQ3wUGHTnvTj-4UELvp_BMbIR2iCznEaTCAXi0dM5p3lxp1dSbFzmN83-q7Z7QDkODjefw2_YPTiNd0Forodo_z2AGjNh0DVilYem7cRICG1yKQ7McnD6VbQ

Bug Fixes

These were the product defects detected, and they have now been fixed.

• Agents were facing formatting issues while copy-pasting onto canned responses or solutions module.
  • Certain agents were experiencing unusually high response times while loading and editing tickets.
  • Agents with access to work in multiple workspaces were unable to create purchase orders.
  • The default source was set as “Phone” while creating tickets using API v2. Now it is set to “Portal”.
  • In Analytics, attempting to “Present” a report caused an error.
  • Accessing Analytics data exports through the API endpoint occasionally caused a “No Such Key” error.
  • Hourly data exports scheduled in Analytics occasionally failed to execute at the scheduled time.

Great stuff! I am especially excited about the improved Software filtering. Are there any plans to expand workflow functionality around Software, for instance the ability to change Software fields, based on certain conditions? 

Great stuff! I am especially excited about the improved Software filtering. Are there any plans to expand workflow functionality around Software, for instance the ability to change Software fields, based on certain conditions? 

@Devarsh 

Another great set of releases!  I’m particularly excited by the enhanced error reporting for failed emails - very cool inclusion!

I like that you now can use all nodes in a Task workflow. 

This is looking to be a great month of features. Anxious for custom attributes and metrics in Analytics!!! Keep up the good work :)

Ticket Collaboration on Slack 🔥

Nice to see a lot of work gone into existing features being enhanced to be a better experience!!

• Non - agents Requesters for Change, 
  • Filtering for software
  • task based automations 

More of things like these please and less brand new features would be welcome!! 

Looks great. 

Not impressed by what appears to be a weak lineup of updates, especially considering some of the issues we have been reporting over the last 30-45 days. Would be interested in seeing the prioritization roadmap. 

Still can’t do in-depth reporting for management I see. Literally the only ITSM product that can’t do this.

All those goodies are great by the product is still missing basic syntax highlighting as well as the ability to add code blocks everywhere (tasks, notes, changes, tickets, etc). Also, tables are missing. 

I mean, even the text editor in this page is richer than anything Fresh provides at the moment. 

We need to be able to communicate concise and well-formatted information to our customers and this is simply not working.

Please fix 🙏

Great updates, but guys, seriously, how come we have multilanguage support but not on the ONBOARD part of Freshservice? It should be required in order to successfully deploy this tool in a multi-country environment 😣

Another nice update, with one or two new features for us, which we will use in our day-to-day business.

Unfortunately, what we are missing is that the solutions are suggested to the agents in the ticket itself when they are working on them.

Otherwise again super work and we look forward to the further updates.

Something that is desperately needed is more MSP love. The MSP improvements here are the first I’ve seen in ages but not that useful.

One of the big things that needs to happen is get Companies (renamed “Departments”) and Contacts out of the admin section. Make Companies a section available in the main left nav, allow Agents to navigate to a client Company, view all their contact info and details (i.e. hours of business, SLA info etc), and a Tab view to see all Tickets/Contacts/Assets/Software/Projects/etc for that Company.

Add that and it would be a huge step forward for MSP usage (and even if still department based would be helpful internally as well).

….but we still can’t track software by expiration date without have to make it a contract- UNBELEIVEABLE!  4+years we have been asking for this SIMPLE thing that should have been included to start with!!!

Mobile App needs alerts added!

@vidhisharma 

Will the new slack collaboration have an option to push all thread updates back to a ticket as a private note in the same way as shown in the video via teams?

Hi @mmccoy 

We would need more context regarding this request. How do you want to use alert management on mobile? What kind of alert information do you want to see? etc

I’ll DM you regarding this.

I’m not sure if it was this release or the previous one, but does anyone else dislike the new ‘bulk update’ layout for the Category ticket field? You used to be able to edit and export all three tiers of category easily in one view, now you can only bulk update one item at a time.

I’m not sure if it was this release or the previous one, but does anyone else dislike the new ‘bulk update’ layout for the Category ticket field? You used to be able to edit and export all three tiers of category easily in one view, now you can only bulk update one item at a time.

I think it came out in May or April. But yes it’s more klonky to use. 

Freshservice case ref 14613433 for anyone who wants to add ammo to this.

This is a beta feature on Slack for collaborating on tickets, likely related to integrating ticketing systems and real-time collaboration within the platform. It's in a testing phase, so user feedback is important for improvements.

Freshservice case ref 14613433 for anyone who wants to add ammo to this.

This is a beta feature on Slack for collaborating on tickets, likely related to integrating ticketing systems and real-time collaboration within the platform. It's in a testing phase, so user feedback is important for improvements.

I guess it’s due to workspaces they needed to do the change. 

Tasks Based Automation - hopefully we can now assign tasks based on the ticket parameters.

We could have a requester in Atlanta, making a ticket for something going on in Dallas and we need to be able to progamatically assign the task to an agent in Dallas, not Atlanta (or other region).