Skip to main content

New Features and Enhancements

All features and enhancements below will be available to all customers from August 31, 2024.

Automations for Collaborators

When a collaborator performs an action, such as replying to a ticket, the ticket status will now be automatically updated, and automations can be applied.

More details here.

AD_4nXetOsq7qqtfpx7obleulsnO3tHvrTAfSUP_N8q-HAGz9ApjEnYaZEylPSIEjNL1-_OBF0Teb0pxQlFNlczJDgV7WKWR5mBJqphV4j6dbisvROahvZ4F_55ngJEkFoDJ1ZS5mIJnc7CMb04Os9aHk01GPXIU?key=S9raz4ln9T50RgeNfZtkxw

Upcoming Features and Enhancements

All features and enhancements below are coming soon to customers.

Non-modal slider for Freshdesk apps 

Agents can edit information from the app widget on their workspace without interfering with their ability to view and respond to conversations.

Agent experience enhancements

Streamlining the Agent experience in Freshdesk: The out-of-office Scheduler will be moved under the Profile icon, and all dropdown values under the ‘New’ button will be refreshed.

Portal settings revamp

Admins can soon access both the ‘Customize’ and ‘Edit’ menus from the same interface, streamlining their workflow and eliminating the need for separate navigation.

Improved email threading with enhanced automations

When setting up the 'Send email to requester' automation rule, you can choose whether to send a new email or add a response to an existing thread.

Automation emails appended to the ticket

Arm your agents with better context - they can soon see the entire email sent to the customer triggered via automation rules as part of the ticket thread.

Bug fixes

These were the bugs detected, and they’ve now been fixed.

Agent experience bugs

1. Using a ticket template on the new ticket page removes contact details. 
  2. Sending a message in Threads fails if an associated mailbox is deleted.
  3. Some agents received analytics emails even after being deactivated or having their subscription ended. 
  4. Updating dropdown fields via API with invalid choices works instead of throwing an error. 
  5. Some agents observed that they could see tickets assigned to other agents in their dashboard.

Self-service bugs 

1. Some logged-in customers couldn’t log in to the customer portal and received a 500 error instead.
  2. The Captcha fails to render during article feedback.
  3. Categories present in Freshdesk don’t show up in an API response. 
  4. The “less than” symbol gets encoded in UTF-8 format in titles of solution articles.

Admin experience bugs

1. Some accounts can’t be deleted if the customer had a prior re-entry into the helpdesk.
  2. A manual upgrade to Customer Service Suite fails to update the subscription.
  3. Updating a company domain tries to update deleted contacts as well. 
  4. Creating a CRM agent erases a Freshdesk collaborator with the same email ID instead of converting them.
  5. Advanced CSAT surveys don’t use the primary email as the From address.
  6. The Enter Payment Information button on the Day Passes page doesn’t redirect to the subscription page correctly.

Automation bugs

1. Some agents observed that they wouldn’t get assigned a chat after handling a call in Omnichannel. 
  2. Some agents are not assigned tickets automatically in the skill based assignment system, even though they are available.
  3. Automation rules fail to create a thread on a parent ticket.

Analytics and Reports bugs

1. An agent deleted via public API caused an exception in analytics.

Integration bugs

1. Some agents observed that the CRM fields tab doesn’t appear sometimes.

Cheers!

When will we get dark mode for freshdesk?

This has been requested so many times and it really is not that hard to implement.

Helpp, my eyes are struggling because of this bright mode (I am sure that if dark mode was implemented, nothing would happen with my eyes).

Just kidding, but yes, dark mode is a feature that month-to-month we are asking for. If FreshService already have this feature, why it cannot be replicated to the FreshDesk?

When will we get the ability to assign views to more than one group?

Is the feature to edit “reply to” email while replying to an email ticket being considered? 

This has been requested so many times and it really is not that hard to implement.

You guys know about DarkReader right? lets you dark mode sites that don’t natively support it.
I go a step further and use StyleBot to apply my own theme colours to it.

You guys know about DarkReader right? lets you dark mode sites that don’t natively support it.
I go a step further and use StyleBot to apply my own theme colours to it.

I think at some point that is okay trying another features to make FreshDesk darker. I dont know if you agree with me, but, it is not the same. A native dark mode is so much better because it is projected specificaly to the website meanwhile thirdparty extensions/bots are trying to make, some part of the design, “darker”.

We all know that the FreshService, another similar product from FreshWorks, already has the darkmode. It is not that hard, you know?