Release notes

Freshdesk Release Notes - September 2023

Related products: Freshdesk Freshworks Customer Service Suite
Freshdesk Release Notes - September 2023

New Features and Enhancements

All Below features and enhancements are available to all customers from September 30, 2023.

Generative AI-based enhancements (Freddy AI)

Freddy AI enhances emails contextually, expand messages with prompts, and communicates effectively in localized languages.

More details here.

5IJjqxYscP_zOIQuCH0Q2Pvqd-pNiJCPDJDOYzP5gC435GdVoA5vB751sFGT_htDnjBuh8xSDeSClaEk2dpFTSBhbdB9_VFq6ASdlIfh76akWsLCtTidl-rFAYis1NK5O5V3CpODjzlt32zpc8iU-Vo

Upcoming Features and Enhancements

All Below features and enhancements are coming soon in Oct 2023.

Antivirus attachment scanning

If any malicious files are identified as part of attachments, the agent will be notified and the file(s) will be dropped.

Analytics Revamped Homepage

An all-new homepage for a seamless user experience with easy access to reports, trash, and an option to favorite reports and widgets.

Enhancements in Threads 

Switch to a secondary display mode, leverage keyboard shortcuts and set ticket status in the Threads reply editor.

Advanced CSAT

Set up elaborate forms and templates, change button types to emojis, define point scales, apply conditional logic based on choices, and more. The upgraded module is powered by Freshsurvey. This features will be on-demand and released in phases.

Bug fixes

These were the bugs detected, and they’ve now been fixed.

Agent experience

1. Links in thread notifications did not display the hyperlinks in Outlook mail clients.
  2. The Forward button on the Tickets page was not visible when the subject line and To address fields were open.
  3. The canned response was placed above the forwarded message when agents inserted a canned response while using the forward option.
  4. There were issues with delay in note creation.
  5.  Customers were prompted to fill mandatory fields while bulk closing tickets even when there were no mandatory fields.
  6. Threads forward did not work as expected.
  7. Agents were able to close tickets without filling the mandatory field ‘Type.’
  8. Support article tags were not clickable on the Knowledge Base.
  9. Deactivated agents showed up in new ticket page when the ticket was created with ticket templates.
  10. The keyboard shortcut ‘d’ for Threads was not working for a few customers.
  11. When a forum topic was converted to a new ticket, the UI showed Phone as the auto populated source instead of forum.

Admin experience

1. The email description was removed automatically when customers created a new email and filled in certain ticket fields.
  2. An error was thrown when customers tried to save a custom ticket view, and they were unable to access, edit, or delete it.
  3. Tickets were marked as spam when the requester was a contact that was deleted due to a merge operation.
  4. Occasional agents were converted to full time agents for customers who migrated to the Customer Service Suite from Freshdesk.
  5. Unified exports failed when zip files were restricted.
  6. There was an issue in the ‘Due by’ time for tickets that caused errors in the SLA calculation.
  7. The scrollbar was not visible when customers tried to scroll left-right through an article in the help widget.
  8. Companies did not get mapped to the contact even though they had the same domain name.
  9. There were issues in adding agent name in Automations.
  10. Company names with special characters were displayed incorrectly in the list view.
  11. Customers faced a 500 error when they tried to install the DropBox app.
  12. Customers were not able to edit the default portal name; the option was greyed out from the multiple products page.
  13. Customers were unable to download reports under Account Exports.
  14. Customers faced a 500 error when they tried to open Business Hours.
  15.  Automation email was sent from a different product email address.
  16. Translation was missing for email notifications.

Cheers!

Hi, How do I get Advanced CSAT? 

Also is generative Freddy AI contained within our instance and our IP (Intellectual Property) is not leaked/used for replies to other companies?

Where do we forward feedback/queries on Freddy AI as we start using it?

Hi @subhikshaa.ganesh 

Could you please help addressing the above mentioned questions?

hi @Agne.Hollings - 
1. Advanced CSAT - It will be available for customers by the end of October.
2. Freddy AI - It is available on accounts for all Pro and Enterprise customers as a Public beta. All customer data is stored on Freshworks servers which is secure and private; your data will not be shared/leaked to any third party providers. 

@subhikshaa.ganesh, thanks. But what about other users of your AI? 

@subhikshaa.ganesh We are now in november, how can I get Advanced CSAT enabled on our Freshdesk? I don't see it in settings.

Why can’t I tag other agents in private notes anymore? My whole company is having this problem so it’s not just me. I can only tag myself and the agent to which the ticket is assigned. Help!

@subhikshaa.ganeshWe are now in november, how can I get Advanced CSAT enabled on our Freshdesk? I don't see it in settings.

@subhikshaa.ganeshWe are now in november, how can I get Advanced CSAT enabled on our Freshdesk? I don't see it in settings.