Release Notes

Freshservice Release Notes - Dec 2023

Related products: Freshservice
Freshservice Release Notes - Dec 2023

Note: All the features/enhancements below will be available on Starter and Growth plans on Dec 14th 2023. For Pro and Enterprise plans will be available on Jan 3rd 2024.

Product version: 2023.R12L.01

New Features and Enhancements

Holiday Theme Enablement

Category: IT Service Management

Bring the spirit of the festive season into your everyday experiences with our holiday theme. With the holiday season around the corner, users can enhance their daily routines to make them more joyous and magical!

To disable this theme, click on your profile and use the toggle to turn off the holiday theme.

Note: This will be enabled for all customers from December 14th onwards. Also, this enhancement is optional for all users.

VoQK5odYFNixWS0E-ky2N68xaxiFspJ8eRZqbx_wuqiFJ0LrlNWadr3EUXG-3UN7kzYXHNJjgZnZo4RHOl9ppy9DaQGMr0hW6k6YIlW3IZDYgOcrYFH-TFTdajLnNTtREoiYO16D6dRhJ-8pKcQYnRU

Create new Freshchat trial accounts from Freshservice

You can now create and integrate a new Freshchat trial account within Freshservice.

35tScvyiqudHcPcC4jeCeG2gNloQRdpGIc3pbGl-LXHnW9MMmYYznawU7e0GGadmq7CMCggTz77zU407VGLrP28ohZUyVjQj0oejrsilQkV5PtVhFbsmDMqwfJnTYICk4SG_Tn2HhDwSoc2GRe9BH60

A new home for legacy Freddy AI features 

Admins can now enable and disable Similar incident suggestions and Field suggester from under Freddy Copilot in Admin > Freddy AI > Freddy.

Note: These features will continue to be free for customers who signed up before November 10th, 2023. For customers who signed up after November 10th, this will be charged as a part of the Copilot add-on starting February 5th, 2024.

5nPgrGuT1q-f4DJ-pfjU7xqrosIP34X6uuwTvvE68AaBTuW3t3X4Rra8vUxVeImIy2FabarW4UT_qfIPKBskiGNfwfofWrfCw6QABqtKo0Ww5ICNfw7mMgsrnU8AYpViFQg9gB3CsOSaTm4dsCTQdW8

SLAs for Changes 

Users can now set up SLAs for changes, enabling stronger governance and effectiveness for change management. To enable SLAs for changes, go to My team > SLA and OLA policies, and activate the toggle under the Changes tab.

Note: Enabling SLAs for changes activates the 'Due by' field, business hour policies, and email notifications for changes that breach SLAs.

oYF4QsYscfG-bAK1ppE86K0PUmBVDMaMbf89k6kYMK81YuwF1b2Qx8WW-pjQha5HrXy6rTUIgVtHXuCEmoBnDAeaON8bpMZC0u-bUqJm7PwLqrvoZ4PxgbXLe596dHYWJ6pIdOoitTAJLc9oFlvw1N0

List all Groups API

The list all groups API (/api/v2/groups) will return agent groups from the primary workspace by default. Upon specifying a workspace ID ("/api/v2/groups?workspace_id=[number]"), the agent groups belonging to that workspace are returned.

Sandbox support for Major Incident Management 

Category: IT Operations Management

Enterprise customers will now be able to design and test their Major Incident Management process in their sandbox accounts. This would include:

• Enabling the Major Incident ticket type and configuring workflows using the Workflow Automator to specifically handle major incidents
  • Using the Major Incident ticket type to trigger escalations via On-Call Management
  • Uploading and testing email templates for stakeholder communication
  • Trying out Post Incident Reporting

This ability will help organizations fine tune and deploy their major incident management process quickly and with greater confidence, while containing risks from major incidents.

Delegation of Onboarding/Offboarding form submission requests

Category: Freshservice for Business Teams

Stakeholders involved in employee onboarding/offboarding workflows will be able to delegate form submissions assigned to them during their absence. This would ensure the timely processing of onboarding/offboarding requests without any delays. 

More details here.

3ePybtrC7WA8LCaA3ak7Y1Le5-YvAdHgRP33FuSHX7Toc3ncxRZ-6BbAjFTWLdtgFiMQIDS5FrF-3BW9Yw5heNYJx0YP-Bn-OrgNKBOWlMe8SYPE037EdGuifWqvXgmqQHTkMJMyPL0cTky5MDnlEME

Reports on Onboarding and Offboarding

Category: Freshservice for Business Teams

HR operations leaders will now get actionable insights on onboarding and offboarding operations through curated and custom reports. This helps with the identification of gaps and bottlenecks, further streamlining employee workflows for enhanced efficiency.

Read the article below to learn about the report and the impact on onboarding APIs. 

More details here.

oHGRi36dKtIWC97z3FrOpzsvOBKCTgCUcLZDuiP_1FKKxAAAn5HdNw3Y_Ot3liHS7L0iQFSHE1FWYwb_0krXyBA5Yd1-zGCX5ZJdwSeu5pLj2h-8t6XoSJScx94QjBneX3qd86mVqUpvDyIqb17UZ2A

Workflow Automator Enhancements

Category: Automation
Admins can now use the service desk portal URL placeholder in Freshservice Workflow nodes. This can come in handy to customize notifications by embedding portal link placeholders in automated notifications.

ErxFL85jH1hEZCXwP0po6_xPhi4c0pyvRRyxCWAqSaC3Qo9OKNPLNjhRjH3OG8iPkqNSuBpimNtwqF4Boz4i5kY5ybUqk7yrZF4WKHiyy8YKWwSzpgr7CVrYAzXDuYjtWj0JQNvSObeoM6D6anjhxaY

Important updates

Upgrades and Deprecations

Reminders for upcoming upgrades and deprecations

Follow-up to our Notices for new upgrades/migration activities communication sent in Nov 2023.
The following change will be made effective by May 2024. Ensure that you’re prepared for it in your Freshservice account.

• Incremental Data Exports in Freshservice

To provide you a faster, scalable solution to download data, or transfer data into your BI platform or custom applications, we are upgrading to Incremental Data Exports from May 1st, 2024.

Who will be impacted?

If you are currently using data exports from Freshservice Analytics to build reports using external BI tools, or are consuming data exports in your custom applications, you will be impacted by this upgrade.

What should you do?

• If you consume data exports in your BI tools, reconfigure your BI tools to receive incremental exports instead of full exports.
  • If you consume data exports in your custom applications, modify your applications to process incremental exports instead of full exports.

If you have questions, reach out to support@freshservice.com.

More details here.

• Discontinuation of Team Huddle

The Team Huddle feature will be discontinued by Apr 1st, 2024, as we will be focussing on our integrations with Microsoft Teams and Slack, where we will continue to further enhance and add new collaboration features.

Who will be impacted?

If your agents use Team Huddle for collaboration, you will be impacted by this discontinuation.

What can you do?

Explore and transition to our Slack and MS Teams based collaboration capabilities, or stay tuned for our upcoming “Share Ticket” feature.

Reach out to support@freshservice.com if you have any questions about this change.

More details here.

• Discontinuation of the legacy Slack Servicebot App 

As the new Servicebot supports enhanced capabilities, the legacy version of Slack Servicebot app will be discontinued by May 1, 2024

Who will be impacted?

If you are currently using legacy Slack Servicebot app for ticket notifications, you will be impacted by this deprecation.

What can you do?

Please install our new Servicebot from the Freshservice Marketplace. 

More details here.

• Discontinuation of Conversational UI

As Freshservice prepares to focus only on the latest version of the support portal and collaboration platforms like Slack and MS Teams., the legacy Conversational UI platform will be discontinued by May 1, 2024.

Who will be impacted?

If your employees currently use the legacy Conversational UI interface of the support portal for their everyday requests and interactions with Freshservice, you will be impacted by this discontinuation.

What can you do?

You can choose from any of the following options: 

Freshservice No-code portal

Virtual Agent

Freshchat Integration

Use the Freshservice Support portal & make it your own with our intuitive no-code customization capabilities.

No-code Designer Portal

Leverage our Virtual Agent which offers support within collaboration apps like Slack and MS Teams.

Explore our Freshchat widget integration within your Freshservice portal at a small additional cost, and get live chat support.

Freshchat Integration

If you have specific use cases that you would want us to help you with, please reach your customer success manager, or write to us at support@freshservice.com.

More details here.

• Discontinuation of Canned Response Suggester & Solution Article Suggester

Since the new Reply Suggester, which is part of our currently available Freddy Copilot offering, is an enhanced version of both the Canned Response Suggester (CRS) and Solution Article Suggester (SAS), and can perform more meaningful actions, these will be discontinued by May 1, 2024.

Who will be impacted?

If you were using either CRS or SAS, you will be impacted by this discontinuation.

What can you do?

Try out the Reply Suggester feature in Freddy Copilot. It is currently on public beta and will be available as a paid feature starting Feb 5th, 2024.

Note: Users will be able to create and use canned responses and solution articles. Only the ‘suggester’ (that intuitively suggests responses or articles) will be discontinued.

If you have further queries, please write to us at support@freshservice.com

More details here.

• Discontinuation of Ask Freddy in Freshservice Analytics

The Ask Freddy functionality in Freshservice Analytics will be discontinued from Jan 2024.

Who will be impacted by this discontinuation?

If your agents use Ask Freddy to generate widgets by posing a question to Freddy, you will be impacted by this discontinuation.

What can you do?

Please reach out to support@freshservice.com if you have any questions about this discontinuation.

More details here.

Bug Fixes

These were the product defects detected, and they have now been fixed.

• If no services were configured to be displayed on the status page, even open incidents published to the status page were not displayed.
  • The {{approval.portal_url}} placeholder in email notifications was not correctly utilizing portal-specific URLs.
  • When collaborating on Major Incidents using email, the search box for users showed only the first 30 users in alphabetical order, even if more users were present.
  • The workspace settings panel opened randomly when any icon on the left navigation pane was clicked.
  • List of users against any admin role showed a maximum of 30 agents instead of the complete list of agents.
  • Dashboard widgets that referred to ticket filters created using custom fields showed the wrong set of data in the ticket list view when drilled down further.
  • In a multi-workspace setup, some users received ‘liquid error’ when they tried submitting a ticket without logging in.

Not a lot of updates this month but to be expected for December… Great work as always keep the changes coming.

Gonna be interesting how SLA’s work with Changes around Planned Start and planned End dates….

Now I don’t like to moan in public forums but this will be my one little piece… but just want to highlight to the admins here to feed back please….
They are implementing a “theme” for Christmas but “Dark Mode” has been asked for about 3-4 years…. can we please work on pleasing hundreds if not thousands of customers.

They are implementing a “theme” for Christmas but “Dark Mode” has been asked for about 3-4 years…. can we please work on pleasing hundreds if not thousands of customers.

My thoughts exactly 😂

Thanks for the updates though and happy holidays team!

Appreciate the updates, great work everyone. Whenever I see work on the Freshservice API I get excited! I hope “Assets” is the next area of focus.

I also have to echo @afautley request. The community wants dark mode!!!!

A suggestion...when a feature or request is released, can you tag the community “Idea” associated to it so that it shows how the product teams are prioritizing feature requests? I am sure it would speak volumes to users if they can see their suggestions and requests become a part of the platform. Just a thought.

Thanks!

Agree!!! great idea Zach, get full circle on community ideas!

Amazing!

Still no work done on the text editors: no code blocks, no tables. 

PLEASE PLEASE FIX. 

Take the text box at the bottom of this page and embed it everywhere. Thanks in advance.

Not a lot of updates this month but to be expected for December… Great work as always keep the changes coming.

Gonna be interesting how SLA’s work with Changes around Planned Start and planned End dates….

Now I don’t like to moan in public forums but this will be my one little piece… but just want to highlight to the admins here to feed back please….

The theme has been around for years thankfully so no new dev resources were spent on it

Seriously - Frustrating dealing with all the flaws / missing functionality, and to now know you are all focused on Holiday Theme. 🤔

I am so very happy I am not alone on the open issues cited here.  So very very happy….

Appreciate the updates, great work everyone. Whenever I see work on the Freshservice API I get excited! I hope “Assets” is the next area of focus.

I also have to echo @afautley request. The community wants dark mode!!!!

A suggestion...when a feature or request is released, can you tag the community “Idea” associated to it so that it shows how the product teams are prioritizing feature requests? I am sure it would speak volumes to users if they can see their suggestions and requests become a part of the platform. Just a thought.

Thanks!

Tagging the ideas is a very good idea and strengthens the voice of the community. It’s also easier to notice/follow the enhancements provides from the community. 

Seriously - Frustrating dealing with all the flaws / missing functionality, and to now know you are all focused on Holiday Theme. 🤔

As they say, it’s a old theme and has been around for some time.

Thanks!

Ya more API, but I think API changes happen outside monthly cycle. I have seen new things popup on the api page without it’s saying anything on the release notes. 

Thanks!

Hello @zachary.king 

I think that’s a great input. Thank you! We will definitely take this back to our product teams for consideration.

Hello @afautley 

We completely agree that it took an unexpectedly long time to add Dark Mode to the RM, which has been the most requested feature on this forum. Your feedback is incredibly valuable, and we're taking it in a positive light. While there aren't many days left for Dark Mode to be implemented, it's in progress, and should be live soon. So, please stay tuned :)

While we admins may not have a significant say in prioritising feature requests, but your voices are heard, and we're taking them back to our teams for consideration. We're actively working to expedite the review process, and we appreciate your patience.

Any word on when we will be able to clone a report “page’? 

We use the Huddle function extensively in our Freshservice environment.  It will be deeply missed….😪. I know it has its challenges - it does however facilitate notifications to L2 and 3 escalations.

Dear Community Members,

Exciting news! We've just rolled out the Dark Theme support for both the web agent portal and mobile apps. This marks the beginning of our public beta launch, and we're eagerly anticipating your valuable feedback to enhance and refine your user experience.

Please dive in, explore the dark-themed goodness, and don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Your feedback is instrumental in shaping the future of our platform.

Let the Dark Theme exploration begin!