Release Notes

Freshservice Release Notes - Jan 2023

Related products: Freshservice
Freshservice Release Notes - Jan 2023

Important update: We have updated the release timelines of “Updated Google and Office 365 Calendar Integrations” on 31st Jan 2023. This enhancement will be available by 03rd Feb 2023.

Note: All the features/enhancements below will be available on Starter and Growth plans on Jan 18th 2023. For Pro and Enterprise plans will be available on Jan 31st 2023.

Product version: 2023.R01L.01

New Features and Enhancements

Freshservice for Business Teams - New signups 

Category: Enterprise service management

With Freshservice for Business Teams, you can deliver easy, consistent and delightful employee services across the organization. It helps extend IT service management to all teams on one platform, allows control and visibility for the unique needs of departments and unifies employee service management.

Key capabilities offered by Freshservice for Business Teams: 

• Ability to create department-specific workspaces where members of one team can work together to manage employee requests without compromising on security

• Pre-built departmental templates for IT, HR, Facilities, Finance, and Legal that help set up dedicated workspaces and go live faster

Note: These features are available only for new accounts created after the 12th of December 2022, all accounts created before that will be migrated starting Q2 2023.

More details here.

nBkZJPDoLSBcl2vwos7_gyah1oOBcrr3VNRzncKqlxjKjalmaB8YBj7LeN4vk27LOIdoMkfSkLpbA2r2sO8BNmSLUp3Ja60jQd7mOdWiWWNrLp2k0NTokjlf9iOdcg46_CG340Aq7ehXPJKUatdGmWaYsBTc5b8K2yNgqv85wg3VD-nY9xc00egBhd6sgA

Easy Workload Management for Agents, Project-only users & their Managers

Category: IT Service Management

Agents and Project-only users will now be able to plan and visualize all the work assigned to them in one location. Managers will have the ability to visualize the workload of their team, plan incoming work better, and balance the workload of overworked team members and improve the team’s productivity. 

This feature will be available for Pro and Enterprise plan customers and can be enabled from Admin > Project and Workload Management > Workload Management.

More details here.

ZU8upvDMmRKw6eb76gHGTagdb4hawsU6O2x8PwREarWywM2U9TDfMUw59kPSEsg_JjZwtgCWoboPyR1tqxfoS6QQfICfDDlfwYYFUCzCwiZnqBTrcV16web1a8rLKoTKm-pEu2eJ1H17Lpc3ZnCIoIxJf9ubt7sGMPTCDb00zFWixb_F-l01uyDCeju7tg

Seamless Access to Tasks and Calendar

Agents will now be able to access their tasks and calendar by clicking on the “My work” tab on the top-navigation bar.

AzYX5dQa6b3ucJpLIQAR7LtRcNGhJhCJwQlJwDrvmF5ekajOiY0fIr6teO9wp3NXVeQPn29D3uY4xRe0mnWpddEyJW6Vx5j0lq5WvbJUXIs3mlAQW1T_qnYAxCBnZFO7flcqM1HHSZn_h6JonKwOlE4D_Rr2OhK3BZIkBezf2ZrkFs7evcFOYbm1bwAviw

TCPR and Task views under Work Calendar 

Existing task and change calendars have now been grouped together under “Work Calendar” which can be accessed easily by clicking on the "My Work" tab in the top navigation bar. In addition to tasks and changes, agents will now be able to visualize tickets, problems, and releases in the work calendar. 

More details here.

kZFi-5ZHEKCJz7zi41I8zLhBAYU0K-04U1QEDdIVtpNrRtJVe44AmJtlaxf491xnVMxjDDhsN1_h_6nkyDey250xA7TQZekJuqW3XUMkB2nIU0gAk7YyMPgsFD0MKtjtn9JrUqqB6ClEMl1kuXnRV_7eKXMtPvVAp3SdnAs0lAczfiTrWNmiyl9ZqwW-Bw

Updated Google and Office 365 Calendar Integrations 

Pro and Enterprise customers will now be able to enable sync for tickets, problems, changes, releases, and project tasks to their agents’ google and Office365 calendars. Tickets and Problems can only be synced using their planned dates and require the workload management module to be turned ON.

Important update: We have updated the release timelines of “Updated Google and Office 365 Calendar Integrations” on 31st Jan 2023. This enhancement will be available by 03rd Feb 2023.

9yWkbYelttEBYArvYKIC05J-V_ADWbnSifUG-eCmrYPok8ZRgEvOd_6rJVIhvF1_ygw0lsaO4dfKX7o5IMEOIcFpr1YyEtVSKQR3SClpIxieswieyj5-E_QWvj1C2g-3ebPKjDfTAjw-ycDozJ78QSZJ90Lb4k-qTd11g8wUKLHtJEs3YcxfZZs-DAJq1Q

kLNEtJIkvaEy3XI_-hMEuvPHO5N7e8tfAvB4stEX6nM7_6xZ4kVYZ6p-3M1N95L3_ABaZzIFjq2wzWdNrAKiVXJDqqF7RMT7vvHunrn2I39Wvarwkh67KPxy9BIxrisQHzBLTk6dSoMlzJ87nv5T70C970Zczl6rHJ4TL4LipFv_orHaqbqfO3YAK3b2-w

Filtering Emails by Domain

Agents can now filter emails in Reply editors on the basis of domains. They can add this filter on multiple domains. This will save agents time if you have multiple domains or users. 

wnogek9OegdxJXvLFRuVEQk4cEmu6K7jKAF2TbskeWv3xTG93XgzuYCI4DSjpqFjFPeSPUHoOhRG03zBbR32x_JriUIJK-P6dj-4nNLoNF1Xwv0vcdh9qyhJcDZgsR0yAqG5eQxL3ELbxcZ_PQnAftlxpw_Zkh2rbHIzVjccXU6gPSL0rHs0lXaXJK32Qw

Advanced Filtering Capability in Tickets

Agents can now use the enhanced filtering capabilities in the Ticket List view using date and checkbox fields, supporting filtering on “Tickets I'm watching” view, and better visibility on applied filters.

• Support Custom checkbox in filter

• Support Custom date field in filter

6jEDfxT3LujDnSBESsA6hiKyeTcYuV41Y9xhleDiphSwEladnhRYSAnSVaNK6LP52l_-SRmOuLbbHHp7EUH9LmntPxW92IwGC8LgI4kYc3P9duA5Cx3zkoMPF5ouBQgXBY870k2BFz2jUWk0CJ1AImOHx9al2m4GuAC3anukqc1wbNK7HA-T4Lqc0vA3-g

• Allowing to filter by more than 3 requesters

• Support Filters for "Tickets I'm watching" view

OrsETjpLGD6hK8Qgh3KZW891OqF4-NTSyRzwzYX7UWaVrWpCkQLl2X6wcxKowzEn_KLLo7AtfLK_YwMb3Q5hq4eH0FDGLcFhCpKBfVMQcVzu0mTPk7dlVKzN4anl6qtB8CWkMEA_fSatadEbhJPEAtJjtYwz8gKs4TBT9GfNLflTTxFTlGFaOTacx985XA

Easy Reporting on Service Request Fields

Ticket “Type” is no longer needed to be specified in filters while building reports on service items in Analytics. Users can easily choose fields under all ticket types for creating reports. This enhancement reduces the number of steps required to set a filter & thus makes the report building experience even more easy & simple.

Note: This feature was released on Dec 6th, 2022.

YmmAX_lhBX0_s-q68bzOEN3haGWY0XL78jxs3__99y_ZG9GNcPsuEU4JHCS6tA9ArJIFJFH8BgU0WLdiJkPFixhXCuNWfNCtIn1QA62i0Sbpkj2lFQ9ijoYlMzhHoj2-j2u7vKJh2b5gh6kH4xwzXgErd0LvKhM8z6z1-gY_HsnC_UbEKX8cnWrpjbdNeQ

Seamless Reporting on Select User & Group Properties

Users can now easily report on certain user & group properties. This will no longer need individual User Reports & Group Reports permissions.

More details here.

Note: This feature was released on Dec 26th, 2022.

GUIi6_35AmZvjxE6PA7nKbqdCDpDj7jcUmcgBmH-o6ZMN_zeZVwYdegb42vf-gbJhisqssSa_NgDw1uzxV73a4HYPe-PM6k0RDecPUzHhlQsyzv4KS7ucdosL_7ZD70QgAsahXiSYhTwJcW7Au3eKwnXMzZMkZbSXLiZES-z6e_H5Y9h_DAMUj32wbxi3g

New Ready to Use Curated Reports

Agents can now easily view critical metrics and performance parameters with the new set of  ready-to-use reports without the hassle of creating new reports from scratch. Our revamped curated reports are pre-configured to help you track industry standard metrics on the go.

Here is the list of new curated reports:

• Service Desk Overview

• Employee Satisfaction

• Agent Performance

• Ticket Lifecycle

• Service Desk Trends

• Overview of Problems

• Overview of Changes

• Overview of Releases

• Overview of Inventory

• Overview of Software

• Overview of Contracts

• Overview of Purchase Orders

• Overview of Alerts

• Overview of Orchestration Transactions

Note: This feature is available only for customers who have accounts created on or after Dec 26th, 2022. This feature will be rolled out to existing customers shortly.
FogsU9VnvkWRyM3zPAk6MBEq49GzLHib7hvm7nnueMmUk9Q_tH_29qQq55wltzLUY_Qn_CWTY2HUBYA7FGbW-OGkW3gTMt-N7u8f1viMsokGQ-h8HwpzEWy9geLYpcHx8LYyhkBs6jdrOsW_OUNZXivsoWh_lwj6IFK2DaU06isOVtCs3BY4QrVpkHHCLA

Enhanced Ticket Module in Android & iOS app

Category: Mobile App

iOS & Android

With this enhancement, agents will get an intuitive Ticket Management interface that will help them be more productive on the go.

• Ability to access requester info from the tickets list page

• Improved the expand/collapse flow on the ticket conversation

• Actions button in the ticket detail is made more accessible

• Made the scroll seamless on the tickets details page

Note: This enhancement will be available before the end of January 2023 and requires app updation.

Grouping of Alerts via Email now Customizable

Category: IT Operations Management

Users now have the option of changing the aggregation criteria of alerts received via emails. By default, alerts received through email are grouped based on the email subject. But now users can parse email alerts using Regex and choose to aggregate them based on email subject, resource, metric name, node, or message. A maximum of 2 fields can be chosen at a time.

More details here.

-RA4rHAjVWECyWxvlxfz5H6KyI-qvagFXrCJ8F4NEUGTtyV8C0-_HJpxgmf1NLjj5_Xqg_zWGVL5vzwSEw7oZIXMJ-QOb41mxuLjV12WE57vp6JnAQeIZUYnDRtFW6zRYUGZ2VNR3km5JfnlOUDpYdY7oGKOwY2KJw7E3-QuHxCnRUU2cqwmvn2uDPslyg

Adding Health Field for Assets 

Category: IT Asset Management

Users in the Growth plan using Assets of type Services can now view a new field – Health – used to indicate the status of a service. The status could either be ‘Operational’ or ‘Needs Attention’ with the default status set to ‘Operational’. However, users under the Growth plan do not need to take any action. This field is related to Service Health Monitoring available to customers under the Pro and Enterprise Plans.

lsTXDUg5xtfcN-CA2hGRrF6NzL5v50mRbj3-4WN2VcoDKcKbYV-3fR5Qzl2MVwwkk_7A59UBbgF5XjSqejQlhWnSbvi1LZwVAePSFLDaFDTlG5P0M5VX-eHdWR9cfLhmXxTb3Oae9XSKplS1qyPBY9xasIH4W0viS1NQ6RrrtQ-KcRFElz856EWjafWNYQ

Asset Association Enhancements

Impart more context to agents when associating an asset to Incidents, Changes, Problems, Releases and Contracts by customizing the asset property columns.

uqgUOt6DrIC3zvEGKxPeSdVbqLcyvpB0-8q8Kb3xDkto2b0Zjw2jGSi9qck60YJ-Sbz09LqunlA6mCHye_W8HdOgu7bzgdKUHTozVg9vohcTDaR079Qi0eZTvdvWOX-b451eTBU8a5cyRxpeND6lTE-CuKeRfbITYII_qxxEckzTmElDa58G1FBLlCaOLA

Export Asset Activities

Asset activities can be hard to manage due to the number of changes that an asset undergoes during its lifecycle. Admins can now export all the activities for an asset in CSV format and apply search and filters to manage these activities better.

pSWRTfIWhGi6ZKOHd07f035D9QlWNoMRrcy5js8jkavU81TQVnN2S5ezd3EFFDPctpkU4KBuwlZ7qLV0Fky5k74O1fUzyjgyKzwMR4PwyX7wYoT9_Q2OSX66cgZuyEvxLEArRIU69c4mw8R9LtN6HH3t8ucjutZMCGWIXMgT-vY3auVmrY5HL99HjJxwog

Error Report for SaaS Applications Sync

Download a detailed error report during sync for your SaaS applications. This will be available for Azure AD, Microsoft 365, and Okta integrations.

Note: This will be available in the first week of February,20230pdq61Z5AODmmBsQZxjkAAYNZjL_1sxZeLB_q9Z2NWhQaVNVYu_dcLTC1YFW8m0dEOs3PUVHfROxsViJDuedryd7EBy74wWjihb1wxB8yrYhLpXbdth3egpJkzXzrUZF37zqmK5-9ElRy2KCyT3R1G3P4fovr95Uli87aqgSTUke5p7w1Z4bK_R_cKLBIg

On-call Notifications Re-triggered on Reopening of Incident

On-call agents can now rest assured that if an incident re-opens, the associated on-call notifications will be re-triggered. In this manner, no incident will remain unnoticed.

AWS Cloud Discovery Enhancements

Introducing new default asset type fields AWS Key pair and S3 Buckets to discover and manage AWS Key pair and S3 Buckets assets discovered by the AWS Cloud discovery app.

• AWS Key pair
    Cloud -> Key Pair -> AWS Key Pair

• S3 Buckets

Cloud -> Object Storage -> AWS S3 Bucket

wHYsIAmJpCkxc1-LSy-_IsVZz5jU_Uxai0Pj8QRujFcQPXyMqd6QTthwMtKa9REHTsuNaSnP25lUczogRfUNIESjRktIu91FjBLnErbxyeGh-1AIFqQPk5O1OjUau1NrkCZreEI8myFXMsmGkwuf1KDLEgkcX1AWd7DXU4XaJu3yRb6OdjTa0x-AaKcGiQ

IRtN5Biu6aEv70LPESumcJOJxm7USrCVqcwhS_LyB4tlMHd_dec6RYsgQaliuLTcXHUSRED95-sVPm4J-McDKuYojxfuGSyq4ixFL5FrJ2dMHG_sA2e0bpiX6aJkpl0WJOfF7RMELjuCkBO2iogV6-_dEJbRnFvYzBEJ48yF4b2dg3DKlbd4cF3HEsW5vw

Cloud Catalog Enhancements

Admins can now instantly delete AWS and Azure disks with a single request using the following service catalog items and workflows.

• Delete Azure Disk

• Delete AWS Disk

bZCdHjcEor2HMCLIpyp8xWpVhvHs2tT3dR2JffLnA4KF6fFvSabLpbV1kszVjjgKGEN4zQv72bZJGI0vJQeR_OGT5QxYWvAyeFdF6HAVvD4Pv6fRrY4k611VsYMlze79uVc03219t7a5H3foeYcM8eRZgioG6nxwp9oDRov8U8M_-j0lFXRJEoioEZA7Hw

xvnvqag8aEde26SkWdGuMKDSPPLEA96ut5YNsg1ONEi93z_mhG492Agv4W1Ye5mzike5rvYOGkCxUZxapxzTXaW_IIrR62slypNSnwS54OHwHWD0Q2ZesnJGd2aP8dwn5gr9RjhsSwoG-qGpgvh41TUbO-uajbkq2W2oid2ciP9uN534I0pfulQUfANzlQ

Woho!

This looks like a great update! My only comment/concern would be around tasks syncing to 365. It’s great that a task syncs to the calendar, but when the task is completed, it should be removed from the calendar. Or provide a task sync to Exchange instead of the calendar.

WOW!!!! The beginning of the year is just packed with amazing features! I can’t wait for all of these to roll out to our instance. I see some serious increase in productivity available. Thank you and keep up the great work!!!

Best month of updates in a bit! Great job really excited to try many of these out such as 
-Business Teams

-Calendar Sync

-Custom Date Ticket Sorting

Thank you!

Wow, you guys are dropping some bangers this month! A lot of great improvements!

I’d love to be able to just make a “task” or manage a list of tasks and possibly view those inline with tickets in a list view. We have many “Operational/Maintenance Tasks” that aren’t quite bulky enough to be a “Project” but also don’t want them to fall under tickets with SLA’s. I’ve been struggling to figure out how to handle these types of tasks/maintenance projects.

These are things that our technicians need to work on occasionally, but they aren’t tickets coming in and may be at our own discretion internally. I’m also open to suggestions on how to do it within the system as it is if anyone has anything for me!

Wow, you guys are dropping some bangers this month! A lot of great improvements!

I’d love to be able to just make a “task” or manage a list of tasks and possibly view those inline with tickets in a list view. We have many “Operational/Maintenance Tasks” that aren’t quite bulky enough to be a “Project” but also don’t want them to fall under tickets with SLA’s. I’ve been struggling to figure out how to handle these types of tasks/maintenance projects.

These are things that our technicians need to work on occasionally, but they aren’t tickets coming in and may be at our own discretion internally. I’m also open to suggestions on how to do it within the system as it is if anyone has anything for me!

@sundararajan.srinivasan 

This looks like a great update! My only comment/concern would be around tasks syncing to 365. It’s great that a task syncs to the calendar, but when the task is completed, it should be removed from the calendar. Or provide a task sync to Exchange instead of the calendar.

@ShashankD   @anupama.phal 

Is there an update on the no code portal builder for current customers?

Great to see the tool evolving with regular update. 👏🏿 Look forward to see more.

Is there an update on the no code portal builder for current customers?

I queried this recently. Response:

A trial experience for the no-code portal designer will be available for all our existing customers from March 1st, 2023, onwards. We have extended our release date for this feature. Kindly bear with us.

Workload Management initially got me really excited but unfortunately it looks like it’s really only useful if you are working on projects. We use Freshservice as an MSP and 90% of workload is handling incoming tickets where we already require our staff to log time entries on tickets. If we have to ask them to add a planned start time and end time and estimated time to completion for each ticket I would be shot on the spot. Workload Management needs to be implemented so it also takes into account ticket time entries. It won’t tell me how busy someone is tomorrow but it can tell me how busy they have been today and over the past week. It’s a great way to easily visualize how busy a tech really is vs how busy they say they are. The new analytics doesn’t work as you can’t report time entries from both tickets and projects, you have to do two different reports. 

So you almost had me excited but then let down again. Would really like to see some effort put into the ticket time entries so it’s more like a proper time sheet. A tech should be able to display that side panel and instantly see in a visual representation, how busy they have been that day. Just my 2 cents...

This looks like a good batch of enhancements.

I’d still like to see:

• Longer log retention and broader retrieval capability.  It is common for auditors to say “Show me every change made to this object in the last 12 months.”
  • Change management of the helpdesk itself.  We have multiple workflow automators that perform auditable functions such as disabling an account.  It is standard for auditors to say “Show me the approvals for these three randomly selected changes.”
  • Improved solution editor,  We still cannot perform multiple formatting tasks such as numbering and left/center/right justification.
  • Solution article templates.  It would be really useful if there were a template that would allow entry of title, description, summary, keywords, etc.  This would promote consistency in formatting as well as benefit the AI engine.

I agree, this would be better than putting the status in the subject line.

Also, I don't like that it sets the availability for the calendar items on ‘Busy’ as a standard. I think it should be ‘Available’ as a default or we should be able to modify this.

Are Freshservice and Freshdesk the same? No, they aren't. Freshservice is built as an IT-support tool, whereas Freshdesk is a customer service solution. Freshdesk helps you track and resolve customer issues while using your product or service.