Release Notes

Freshservice Release Notes - June 2023

Related products: Freshservice
Freshservice Release Notes - June 2023

Note: All the features/enhancements below will be available on Starter and Growth plans on June 14th 2023. For Pro and Enterprise plans will be available on June 27th 2023.

Product version: 2023.R06L.01

New Features and Enhancements

Ticket Collaboration on MS Teams 

Category: IT Service Management 

Users can now instantly initiate conversations with relevant stakeholders on MS Teams from within the Freshservice ticket details page. This will allow collaboration with context, eliminate tool switching and brings a summary of the ticket right into MS Teams, either on an existing channel or a new channel, aiding faster ticket resolution and enhanced agent efficiency.

Note: This feature is currently in Beta, please fill this form if you’re using MS Teams and would like to enable this feature in your Freshservice account. 

More details here

H1QzyP2lHkbwlKaaPtaTfKYvrp_RIIZ8WImKG5M9JYMQj7xK4LN9v-s-S15ov6AHZdCUXz2kI5rdSDBGwCOepx1qVSGo6z486Wq5YoekQ7joqhpCOb0sxj1vsM4NvPdF8WXiNRWoa4zKsUOQu4TJ_f8

Publish announcements on Slack with ServiceBot

With ServiceBot, admins can now post announcements on Slack. Employees can now receive announcements as direct messages or on channels they are a part of.

More details here.

ZT5kMqtAsPQyGpjY6sYl0hn_cDIKV0UurtC7C54M-KvMmIG4tFAcKekWTQprcWH_66RnbI9MHJhnCw8m1es2ctpkgA6RdGa8mO0gVuTnAjmu8EqTGsmIshBEyUMlNOQTrZxWaOuFCszQBAxUB2Z1034

New ready to use Curated Reports 

Agents can now easily view critical metrics and performance parameters with the new set of  ready-to-use reports without the hassle of creating new reports from scratch. Our new revamped curated reports are pre-configured to help you track industry-standard metrics on the go.

Here is the list of new curated reports:

• Service Desk Overview
  • Employee Satisfaction
  • Agent Performance
  • Ticket Lifecycle
  • Service Desk Trends
  • Overview of Problems
  • Overview of Changes
  • Overview of Releases
  • Overview of Inventory
  • Overview of Software
  • Overview of Contracts
  • Overview of Purchase Orders
  • Overview of Alerts
  • Overview of Orchestration Transactions

Note: This feature is already available to customers who have accounts created on or after Dec 26th, 2022.

cel0me94V9YtsHsYQaHWz7DpWWBYL3MS8lM-cEFw0ZBtjLltifVThqOeGNYU1V7dknCZFY6sNtcfC9ljvt0DvmQOvtS8A0mbZjqTot_fBF39j8kQ1NCuC0-7sY-hlwPqt3TySnrGQz1peQeDGZX-Bvg

Enhanced chart visualization with Data Labels 

With the Data Labels enhancement for widgets, agents can clearly read data displayed on complex charts. Users can customize the look and feel of reports and visualize data easily with options to display data either on or outside the charts and edit data by font, size and color. This setting is available within the ‘style’ option for reports within Analytics.

Y9Kt7IXoUC1Ac_PSxHx4ZJEosT3OK-rLC_saWPvREWqTnv-tsRjG6NGE8OVrYBXJ0z1yfzfqlWa3DRvRTAZRSh3jiBgM_0tQbzl493c_4sKXR7lzTYx84xbN0-_j_fNRYwVrbyMrWg2Y6ZhNPKce8o8

Addition of Conditions and Actions in Business Rules 

Users can now use the following condition and actions that have been added to configure business rules more precisely: 

• Condition: Approval Status 
  • Actions: Add Child Ticket and Edit Service Item 

3J8DGHnMv5t-b7Dx9K2ncnvFOmZPPGiZR0pAQJwC9KWY9MFn9xLT_Lj2RJMBclgZWFKxLYJlp8pZg6nB_nOLIw69ziulaQ4RVAZiK4vvtS8CFZj3Rn1_9u77FL0sMqQw_f6C41kKZqzok19pMczAcY4

Improved Ticket Group Syncing

In the event of a ticket created in Freshservice through APIs, any updates to the group will automatically reassign the ticket to the corresponding group in Freshservice. If the assigned agent exists in both groups, their name remains unchanged; otherwise, the ticket will be unassigned.

Enabling SSO login with Secondary Emails for Requesters

Requesters can now login with their secondary emails if SSO is configured for the account and  can be managed from their Freshservice user profile. To ensure data accuracy, duplicate secondary emails belonging to different users in the same organization will be cleaned up. This may result in the addition or removal of secondary emails from user profiles across Freshservice accounts within the organization under the following circumstances:

• If a secondary email is mapped to a user’s profile in one Freshservice account, it will be added to that user's profile in all other Freshservice accounts within the same organization where the user is already a requester.

• If the same secondary email is mapped to users with different primary emails in the same organization, it may be removed from a user's profile.
  • If a secondary email of a requester is found as a primary email for an agent or belongs to a user in another Freshworks account in the organization, merging will not be allowed and an error will be thrown.

Note: Adding a secondary email to a requester's profile will update their organization profile, allowing them to log in to all Freshservice accounts within the organization using the newly added secondary email. This enhancement is available for all plans (Starter, Growth, Pro, and Enterprise) starting from July 05th, 2023.

Addition of User-Related Events for Serverless Apps 

Serverless apps can now listen to OnUserCreate, OnUserUpdate, and OnUserDelete product events, which are generated for both agent and requester changes.

Self-serve Employee Document Generation

Category: Freshservice for Business Teams

Admins can now set up customizable document templates for commonly requested employee documents such as income proof, employment verification letter, etc. These templates can be mapped to service catalog items, to enable instant auto-generation of such documents.

More details here.

mbQ5XO2PVfeYzprCTyDYW0R7IaJd1pe3H4r_Y-k_SuJDOb431SVgYzGBnkKeSZEhvCC4bOTYq3ZyMfV7L77arrS82fDv2JI5C7h6TbAuhe-BGbYWnv26sDDYDDfw06ZAmWL1qNsrIrlRgS54R37XuJw

OOTB integration for Crowdstrike

Category: IT Operations Management

Users can now use the out of the box integration for Crowdstrike to easily integrate their monitoring tool with Freshservice and view all alerts within the Alert Management module.

rZabE55HQ_WnUz7W_u7AejVaBnz4nOmMblKTjWBdS4vYwJ_4E-NLPXLIy36k_e-e3I4l3X73ywr5f3OVWcTSd5UJHoDjS78oKSaG_NknWYE79rqVORsxrCN8JBM9F4lCLYILJIolHO9GlTsNxyCEwR8

Sort Services Field 

Users will now be able to prioritize Services to focus on with an improved sorting logic. Default sorting will be based on Service Health Status, in which Needs Attention will be sorted first followed by Operational. They will also be able to sort by Service Name, Health Status, Type, Impact, Managed By Group, and Managed By fields.

Visualization of Impacted Services 

Users can now easily discern impacted services on the service map. The services impacted by an incident will now be highlighted in red, making it simpler for users to quickly gauge the scale of an outage or slowdown.

Ie4FdqDfkXVSs9WPcuH7nyxD8Qa01cba81VO87TUvgRo8c_toT1lqWunFudTxmX50cmyAWswvli8qLFFlNITfUAihaq58SFgUz8OLcreIG8r0SqdXrxxtfzUCJBhy097Gv1rDCjZDopXyC_JqvzDVJU

Monthly On-Call Rotation 

Users can now create monthly rotations in the on-call calendar by choosing the Monthly rotation type. This helps them easily manage on-call schedules with recurring monthly patterns. Users can also configure quarterly, semi-annual, or any other frequency of rotation by choosing Custom rotation type and configuring the rotation interval.

28TJKakY-bIuIu65HkwHS_k5xGIarBgoX4MjC_Yes8a5SwmIkd-ZFWg96SM0FRfqBA_F1H8RF1g6rbCH9AECGRVqKZsKp0ViLGKA7T3bFLUuly0E19VM2Ut4NOzeyDQV7K_-AcNuAX_VsbpCfXGE65Q1QXLId-lZPzMoX0H_BixVcf7C741ROO1voP4iNn1a7HDj6pT2q3F2Dd6BeASOANuVL1SQPD0rQH2V236TrKlCDJ3Iy2dbgHrmQiScGxEVyp0EGSQ1ARLulFg8zgVhwHoh6AXx2FoG6v8wEx2awrFR5A

Services in Alert Rules 

Users can now create Alert Rules based on the impacted service. With this functionality, they’ll be able to automate creation of incidents and thereby notify agents immediately about any issues related to critical services.

V2TAldG47gkiDOR6vkd_xczJFgXK4RhsDr54ZEdxYvYgFZUaFP008I4G7QeLwbCnarzCyHmZcBmu7W-eED9RQfz9BD85erNjdYqHJTWQx6AgSP2k6dVI14bHFt28ATDkRrUkb0uT_ZhC9NFcJdPzLj4

Discovery Agent Enhancements 

Category: IT Asset Management   

We have made improvements to the Discovery agent to ensure more consistent asset updates and implemented measures to ensure agent auto upgrades are scheduled accurately.  

Additional columns in Discovery Agent list view

Gain more insights from your asset data with additional columns such as Agent Version and Asset State in the Discovery Agent list view.

RkPcbHNHo0JKb7Avacyr1QErQpdm6NLO9_YsrKSAB8K4_WWumat4KqIC_aTQPBC0pzTihuVX6ylynglAw9-S4kYaYYAvOVOQkQ68DzMtUcGWleI39hK5lfW1D0F7vfBmVMZ-RXdklPUDa2W8x7_PreE

Upgraded DotNet core for Linux and Mac agents

Introducing an upgrade for the Linux and Mac Agents that incorporates Dot Net 6. 

•  Mac Agent  5.1.0, 
  •  Linux Agent 4.0.0

Perform Actions on Private Notes

Category: Mobile App

Users can now forward and reply to private notes added to a ticket from within the mobile app, allowing quick and seamless communication between team members. 

Note: This enhancement will be available before the end of June 2023 and requires app updation.

zEUf0loj5UyEtZP2Mwx13Ic5k7h8yBeCs7rvz9rhpCya0r8Ep7iVjvfVr07mQ6K_2A1bYiQYsjsLWkbdeDfJaw1GXGGLHzQlmbpQdp7ISCZPfhEcW7uWnOrdAge1s6_zil9MDwwddmZX2dWx9XJ3rDU

Bug Fixes

These were the product defects detected, and they have now been fixed.

• There was a race condition where new tickets, problems, etc. associated with Changes, Releases, etc. did not trigger workflows. 
  • Updation of planning fields from the Workload Management view was failing in certain cases where business rules were configured. 
  • When creating a business project from a template the relevant project settings for workflows were not getting copied. 
  • Glitch in the Asset Label Designer app prevented users from making configurations to the labels.
  • In project analytics, users were not able to update the format of the effort metric. With this fix a default format of weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds is now applied to all effort values.
  • Automatic replies from watcher notifications were added as a note to the ticket when ticket closure notifications were sent to watchers.
  • A requester could not be created if they were associated with a department/company that had portals linked to it.

Hello! We have access to the beta version of Teams Collaborate, however, am having a hard time getting started with it. It asks to Authorize Teams first.

When clicking on the button, it goes to a Microsoft page requesting giving ServiceBot permissions. I select Accept.

It then takes me back to the ticket, but when I click on Start New under Collaborate, the steps just repeat, even though I have accepted the permisions. We had already set up ServiceBot for Teams prior to signing up for the Collaborate beta. Any ideas on how to get it to work? Thanks! :-)

Wow another wonderful month of updates. Looking forward to getting some of these implemented.

However, we also are having the same issue with the new MS Teams Collaboration feature as @WAWPF. Hopefully we can get this figured out soon.

I am looking forward to the Crowdstrike monitoring tool.  The article that is linked to ‘Show me how to configure’ is not working, however:

https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000006082-integrate-crowdstrike-with-freshservice-alert-management

Still hoping for any kind of analytics for the solutions area which hasn’t seen any development love in a long long time.

Thanks

I am looking forward to the Crowdstrike monitoring tool.  The article that is linked to ‘Show me how to configure’ is not working, however:

https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000006082-integrate-crowdstrike-with-freshservice-alert-management

@BowmanCo The documentation link will be available soon!

Hello! We have access to the beta version of Teams Collaborate, however, am having a hard time getting started with it. It asks to Authorize Teams first.

When clicking on the button, it goes to a Microsoft page requesting giving ServiceBot permissions. I select Accept.

It then takes me back to the ticket, but when I click on Start New under Collaborate, the steps just repeat, even though I have accepted the permisions. We had already set up ServiceBot for Teams prior to signing up for the Collaborate beta. Any ideas on how to get it to work? Thanks! :-)

@aseemaishwarya 

Still hoping for any kind of analytics for the solutions area which hasn’t seen any development love in a long long time.

Thanks

Hey @dengstrom, Reporting for Knowledge Base is currently in the works and will be rolled out very soon. Do stay tuned for more on this!

Hello @BowmanCo , we’ll get this article up and available shortly. Thanks for your patience. 

Have a question on this bug fix “In project analytics, users were not able to update the format of the effort metric. With this fix a default format of weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds is now applied to all effort values.”

In this example, does it mean i will be able to adjust the metric level in the effort column as well? 

There are two or maybe three enhancements that are of interest to me.  I could not care less about “Enabling SSO login with Secondary Emails for Requesters”

What we need is secondary email support for AGENTS.  We have outside consultants working on tickets and they would like to use their company e-mail address not ours.

What we REALLY need is an improvement to the editors.  The formatting capabilities flat out suck and it’s been that way for years.  Writing documentation in Freshservice is like Chinese water torture.

There was a race condition where new tickets, problems, etc. associated with Changes, Releases, etc. did not trigger workflows. 

Can we have an example of what condition it was?

Have a question on this bug fix “In project analytics, users were not able to update the format of the effort metric. With this fix a default format of weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds is now applied to all effort values.”

In this example, does it mean i will be able to adjust the metric level in the effort column as well? 

Hello @mtonn, yes that is correct. With this fix, you will be able to adjust the format of the effort column as well. 

Wow another wonderful month of updates. Looking forward to getting some of these implemented.

However, we also are having the same issue with the new MS Teams Collaboration feature as @WAWPF. Hopefully we can get this figured out soon.

Hey @zachary.king , @WAWPF ,

We have identified that there was a bug specifically for admins and hence you might have faced this issue. We are on it and the fix would be available within this week. Please reach out to us if you face issues even after this week.

Thanks

Hey @dengstrom, Reporting for Knowledge Base is currently in the works and will be rolled out very soon. Do stay tuned for more on this!

Hi Anupama,

Still “staying tuned” but hoping for an update. Do you have an ETA for when we can expect knowledgebase/solutions reporting and analytics in FS?

Thanks,

Don