Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

We’re super excited to launch a new version (beta) of the feedback widget this week. With the new help widget, you can:

• Embed a branded contact form on your website or product.
  • Show solution articles wherever your users are.
  • Optimize for deflection, by guiding users to solution articles before they reach out to you.

And that’s not all. Beyond just a simple contact form, the new widget can actually help you understand when your customers are frustrated. 

For instance, if a button on your site isn’t working, and a customer is clicking on it many times hoping it’d work, the widget can popup and ask if they need help. We’re also planning to add more signals to determine if customers are frustrated on your website (like, when they scroll up and down a couple of times, clearly looking for something). If you’ve got ideas on more signals we can add, we’d love to know!

Over time, this widget will evolve to support bots, and provide options for you to include other channels (like chat) as well.

If you'd like to give the beta a shot, please leave a comment below. Just so you know, when we enable the beta: 

• Your existing popup feedback widgets will continue to work, but you'll no longer be able to access the settings for it from Admin. 
  • Your existing embedded feedback widgets will work, and you'll be able to create new embedded widgets from a renamed section in Admin called Feedback form.

Shankar

Hi Please could you enable for crmpartners.freshdesk.com?

thanks 

Luca

Done, Luca!

Hi Shankar Ganesh!

Almost 2 weeks gone since the original request about multi-language API. Do you have any update about the time when this documentation will be available? 

Also, could you, please, clarify, how long should we wait until the widget would be realized? 1 week? 2 weeks? 

Hi Vladimir,

We've made a lot of progress in getting closer to offering multilingual support. Here's what's out so far:

1) The widget can detect browser language and load solutions and contact form in the appropriate language already.

2) The locale parameter can be used to set the language of the widget. You can read more about this here. This is the API you have to call from your website to load a widget in a certain language.

3) Some content in the widget can be translated using this API.

The only reason I hadn't posted this here is because there's a little more work to be done to make the widget truly multilingual (some content needs to be translated on our end). You can go ahead, play with it in your test environment and give us feedback.

By realized, do you mean the widget getting out of beta? That might take a while longer than we had anticipated - because we want to add the ability to take screenshots from the widget and give our paying customers the ability to remove Freshworks branding in the widget. Once this is done, we plan to take the widget out of beta.

However, you can go ahead and play with the widget right now - it is pretty stable and should work fine in most situations. 

Hi Shankar Ganesh!

The bunch of work you've done is really impressive. All information provided is looks like pretty helpful in our situation. The only question I have is about custom fields? Do I have the opportunity to translate the custom fields as well as common fields? 

Hi Shankar Ganesh!

I've tried auto-translate functionality for the widget. I've changed the Browser language to the Russian, open widget - and it is still in English. So, automatic translation doesn't work for me. Is there something I missed here? 

Hi Vladimir, like we discussed on the call, translating custom fields is possible from Admin > Helpdesk > Manage languages. The Russian translation for some content in the widget is work in progress, should be done late next week!

This is the bit I was referring to, in my previous comment.

Please enable the beta widget for https://axele-mp.freshdesk.com/a/ as well.

Please enable it for me. Want to try asap.

Also what  is the current status of this beta? And is there plan to release full fledged?

Hi Priya, the feature is now available in your account. We plan to take the widget out of beta late November.

I would like to try the beta feature as well. Please enable it for us in our account 🙂

Hi Chris, it's available in your account now!

Hello team,

Can you enable this widget for us (https://axele-mp.freshdesk.com)?

Hi Shankar, how long will it take before the embedded version supports hidden ticket fields as Products as this widget does? I have the feedback on two websites and would like to differentiate between the sites when I recieve the completed form in freshdesk. The pop-up isn't as intuitive as an embedded form.

Can I kindly get beta access?

Amerigo, we're aware that the embedded feedback widget also deserves an update. Sadly, we don't have the bandwidth right now to work on it. We will see if we can do something here late next year. 

Scott, it's available in your account already :) 

Hi! I would like to try it out as well please! :) 

HI Shankar, can you enable it for our account please.

Hi Kit and Deniz,

Done :)

Hi everyone,

We're making it simple for you to translate content specific to the widget in the Admin section (so that you don't have to use widget APIs to get the ball rolling here).

Would any of you be interested in giving feedback on what we're working on? We'll get on a Zoom call, share our screens so you can tell us if there's something we can improve in this experience :)

Hi Shankar! I am interested. Let me know what to do next.

Thanks Vladimir! It was great talking to you today :) 

We're interested in the Beta Version. 

Hi - could we be added too?  Many thanks.  Sheila