Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

We’re super excited to launch a new version (beta) of the feedback widget this week. With the new help widget, you can:

• Embed a branded contact form on your website or product.
  • Show solution articles wherever your users are.
  • Optimize for deflection, by guiding users to solution articles before they reach out to you.

And that’s not all. Beyond just a simple contact form, the new widget can actually help you understand when your customers are frustrated. 

For instance, if a button on your site isn’t working, and a customer is clicking on it many times hoping it’d work, the widget can popup and ask if they need help. We’re also planning to add more signals to determine if customers are frustrated on your website (like, when they scroll up and down a couple of times, clearly looking for something). If you’ve got ideas on more signals we can add, we’d love to know!

Over time, this widget will evolve to support bots, and provide options for you to include other channels (like chat) as well.

If you'd like to give the beta a shot, please leave a comment below. Just so you know, when we enable the beta: 

• Your existing popup feedback widgets will continue to work, but you'll no longer be able to access the settings for it from Admin. 
  • Your existing embedded feedback widgets will work, and you'll be able to create new embedded widgets from a renamed section in Admin called Feedback form.

Shankar

Hi Patricia,

You can try out the widget from Admin > Widgets now.

Hi Sheila,

Can you please give me your Freshdesk account URL? 

Hi Shankar! 

Thanks for your efforts!

I have a question about the widget. We are looking for the opportunity to set widget colors, using API. We need this to use 1 widget only, not to multiply widgets in Freshdesk UI. Like we have different websites, we need different widget appearance for different projects. Do you have such a thing in the pipeline? 

I could help with testing. Let me know about the update. This is an important thing. 

Please my domain up for the Beta.

Thank you! :)

Please sign me up for the Beta. Thank you.

Hi Vladimir,

You can create multiple widgets, set up different colors for each of them and use them in the different gaming websites you have. Let me know if I understood your question incorrectly.

Hi Philip,

I see that you're already live with the widget on your site - it looks great! I'd love to know how your experience was configuring the widget.

Hi Conor,

Can you please share your Freshdesk URL?

Shankar

Hi Shankar, its oxfordabstracts.freshdesk.com

Hi Conor,

The help widget is now available in your account. 

Hi can you please activate the new help widget for bvdps.freshdesk.com?

thanks

Hello Shankar, 

I cant see a "feedback form" or  "Widgets" section. Just the old "feedback widget" section. Also can you tell me where the documentation is for pre-populating the fields.

Thanks in advance,

Conor

Hi Conor, 

Can you refresh and try again? The documentation for pre-populating fields is here.

Hi Siva,

It's done!

Thanks Shankar, It shows up now

Hi Shankar! Thanks for all the work and help provided. We are almost ready to launch and we need everything that works like a charm. 

1. As per your comment about colors API:

Yes, we can create 10, 15 or 20 widgets, but it would be a mess in the Freshdesk GUI. I will forget where and what is belong to what. So, the idea is to use the same widget code (same widget) but have the opportunity to set background color and button color, using API. Please, discuss this issue with the team. This option would be really helpful.

2. The thing, which you know already, but I want to ask about this again - please, give us the opportunity to let widget translation work, without Portal dependence. We really looking for this opportunity. Please, could you discuss this as well?

3. I could participate and help you with testing and User Experience opinion about all this. Let me know about the update. 

Have a good one! 

Hi,

please activate this feature on my account.

Thx,

Dominique

Hi Vladimir,

I really appreciate all your feedback and the time you've spent testing the widget - it's been very helpful for us. Here are my thoughts on your asks:

1) A majority of our customers, I presume, would use different widgets for the different products that have been set up in their Freshdesk account. And each product has a distinct but singular brand. Therefore, the ability to override colors using APIs - this is not something we intend to do. You can create widgets with different names for the websites you have, so that they're easily accessible from the Admin section. 

2) Not at the moment. My assumption is that when our customers decide to offer support in a certain language, they translate both solution articles and the ticket fields into that language, before they go live with the portal. I believe the situation wouldn't be different for the widget. If we have more customers asking for something like this, I'm willing to consider revisiting the current behaviour :)

Hi Bernaert,

You can try the widget from Admin > Widgets :)

Hi! Can you please activate this feature on my account? Thank you!

Hi Zoe, can you share your Freshdesk account URL?

Hi, 

We are moving 5 stores over from ZenDesk and would love to try out this new widget to get rid of some apps, increase our customer service experience and provide better service overall.    Please let us know what we need to do.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Cheyanne,

Great to know! The help widget is now available in your account. Please go to Admin > Widgets to play with it.

Let me know if you have any questions after trying it out, I'd love to help you out :) 

Hi,

could you please make the widget available on our account as well?

cheers,

Mikko

It's available now, Mikko! Do check it out in Admin and let me know what you think :) 

Thanks Shankar. I'm having the same issue as Conor earlier with the widget not popping up under admin. Is there just some delay or do you need to do something?

Hi Mikko, can you press CMD+R if you're on Mac or hold Ctrl and click the Refresh button if you're on Windows? It would show up once you do this :)

I've tried that numerous times already. Where exactly should it pop up?

Hi Mikko,

Sorry about this. Can you share your Freshdesk URL?

masku.freshdesk.com