Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

We’re super excited to launch a new version (beta) of the feedback widget this week. With the new help widget, you can:

• Embed a branded contact form on your website or product.
  • Show solution articles wherever your users are.
  • Optimize for deflection, by guiding users to solution articles before they reach out to you.

And that’s not all. Beyond just a simple contact form, the new widget can actually help you understand when your customers are frustrated. 

For instance, if a button on your site isn’t working, and a customer is clicking on it many times hoping it’d work, the widget can popup and ask if they need help. We’re also planning to add more signals to determine if customers are frustrated on your website (like, when they scroll up and down a couple of times, clearly looking for something). If you’ve got ideas on more signals we can add, we’d love to know!

Over time, this widget will evolve to support bots, and provide options for you to include other channels (like chat) as well.

If you'd like to give the beta a shot, please leave a comment below. Just so you know, when we enable the beta: 

• Your existing popup feedback widgets will continue to work, but you'll no longer be able to access the settings for it from Admin. 
  • Your existing embedded feedback widgets will work, and you'll be able to create new embedded widgets from a renamed section in Admin called Feedback form.

Shankar

Hi Shankar,

I  would like to try the beta.

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Justin and Chris,

Enabled the widget on both your accounts. I'd love your feedback after you try it out :)

Please keep us for testing as well. Thank you!

Hi @NewsCo, just enabled the beta on your account 🙂

The 'Create' button doesn't work when clicked.

Please see this video: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/ohPu4fa45ywEFjhVZhh4tr?

I'd like to sign up 

Would love to try this. Sign me up, please.

Hi Adam, 

Just got in touch with you over email - we'll work on fixing this as soon as possible.

Katrina and Elena,

Great to see your interest in trying out the beta. Just enabled the widget in your accounts. Can't wait to hear what you think about it!

id like to try this out

I'd like to try this beta out.

@Mail Can you please share your Freshdesk account URL?

@Gourija: Enabled the widget in your account. Tell us what you think after you play with it 🙂

iofinance.freshdesk.com

Would love to get the beta version of this, tpsa.freshdesk.com

@Mail@Connor, We've enabled the help widget on your account. We'd love to hear your feedback once you start using it on your website :)

Cheers!

@Aravind Wow, this is a lot better than the current feedback widget. Great job guys! Do you think that we will get to the point where we could have custom gradients for the "Banner color scheme". Our brand is focused on a gradient scheme we would love to apply it. Thanks for the hard work yall put into this!

Thank you for the feedback, Connor! At the moment, our focus is on bringing back the features the old feedback widget had - like prefilling options, etc. We'll think about adding custom gradients 🙂 we'll see if we get more requests for it. 

Yes, custom gradients please!

Adam, we've found the cause of the issue and we're pushing a fix in a few days. You should be able to start creating widgets soon.

@Mail Thank you for the feedback :)

I'd love to see where you've all embedded the widgets 🙂 please do share links once you embed them in your sites or products!

We would love to be participating in this Beta!

@Wouter enabled the help widget for your account :)

Cheers!

We've tried adding the widget onto our page through Google Tag Manager but it's giving us a 403 error not authorising us to call the script. Anyone able to help us out?

Yes please, sign me up for Beta testing

@aravind, I'm not seeing this feature in our account. Our account is jou****eb.freshdesk.com . Can you check if you made it available? Or should I switch Freshdesk to English first?

Hi Martin,

Just reached out to you over email to troubleshoot this further.

Hi Sonia, 

Just enabled the widget in your account!