Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

We’re super excited to launch a new version (beta) of the feedback widget this week. With the new help widget, you can:

• Embed a branded contact form on your website or product.
  • Show solution articles wherever your users are.
  • Optimize for deflection, by guiding users to solution articles before they reach out to you.

And that’s not all. Beyond just a simple contact form, the new widget can actually help you understand when your customers are frustrated. 

For instance, if a button on your site isn’t working, and a customer is clicking on it many times hoping it’d work, the widget can popup and ask if they need help. We’re also planning to add more signals to determine if customers are frustrated on your website (like, when they scroll up and down a couple of times, clearly looking for something). If you’ve got ideas on more signals we can add, we’d love to know!

Over time, this widget will evolve to support bots, and provide options for you to include other channels (like chat) as well.

If you'd like to give the beta a shot, please leave a comment below. Just so you know, when we enable the beta: 

• Your existing popup feedback widgets will continue to work, but you'll no longer be able to access the settings for it from Admin. 
  • Your existing embedded feedback widgets will work, and you'll be able to create new embedded widgets from a renamed section in Admin called Feedback form.

Shankar

Yes please, sign me up for Beta testing.

https://ablework.freshdesk.com

Please sign us up too!

Please enable for my account.

Hi Shankar, please sign me up as well for this beta

@Shankar Ganesh

How can you make the widget dynamic so it stays in the bottom-right corner on every screen resolution?

Hi everyone,

I've enabled the widget in your accounts. Please try it and tell me what you think about it :)

@Simon

The widget supposed to stay in the bottom right corner irrespective of the screen resolution. Do you see something very different? Can you please send us screenshots and details about the screen resolution?

Hi Shankar, 

I'm sticking with the "old" widget as this new one does not feature other languages than English yet.

The problem with the "old" widget though, is that it does NOT stay in the bottom right corner irrespective of the screen resolution.

Please let me know how this can be fixed?

Hi, I'd like to get the new widget beta enabled please

Me too please.

Please sign me up.
I've been told its responsive and that you can change language if its only for a single language. 

I would like to have this on my site. Please let me know how to sign up.

Could you sign us up for beta please

How does this work? Can I get signed up? This would solve an issue I am having. Thank you. 

WIll

Hi there, I have the code added (via Google Tag Manager to one site, and just within my Help Centre pasted into the Page Layout liquid code as another test) but it doesn't show up. I've turned off adblocking, but to no avail. Anyone else having trouble with it?

Hi Simon,

Sorry - we're working on adding multilingual support to the widget. You should see it in a couple of months.

On the old feedback widget positioning issue - I believe Akhila from our team is in touch with you to help you out. Please let me know if you still need help.

Hi Ady, 

Just sent you an email with details we need to look into this.

Everyone else,

I've enabled the widget in your accounts. You can try it from Admin > Widgets

Hello Shankar!
Hope you are doing well.

Can you enable the feature for us?

https://lumapps.freshdesk.com

Have a nice evening!

Best

Antoine,

We've enabled the new Help widget to your account. You can try it from Admin > Widgets. 

Cheers!

Hi,

Is it possible that this widget has the ability to show solutions, when I choose that my support portal has not the ability to show solutions if you are not logged in. Because I have a program based on html which only can be approached when you are logged in, so it is blocked for outstanders. And my customer portal is blocked for outstanders, so that my manuals are not public.

Thanks

Christian

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the feedback - we're thinking about disconnecting the login settings for the portal and the widget. 

Hi Shankar,

Could you please enable this on https://pocketmags.freshdesk.com?

Regards,

Lokesh R

Please sign us up for the BETA release!

Thx!

@Lokesh @Datastreams Support, We've added the new Help widget to your accounts. Please give it a try and tell us how you like it :)

Cheers!

Is there anywhere we can find updates / documentation on the widget beta? What's the roadmap, what's coming next, where can we report errors, etc?

Hi Team,

Can you sign us up as well for the beta  vamaship.freshdesk.com

Thanks

Hi Morten,

You can read about everything the help widget does in this solution article. While we do not intend to publish a public roadmap, here's what we're working on next:

• prefill and hide APIs so you can automatically fill in fields like the name of your customer, their email, a dropdown or other fields
  • multilingual support, and more.

Please follow product updates in the community to stay on top of what we're shipping. You can either report issues and errors here in this thread or email: support@freshdesk.com