Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

We’re super excited to launch a new version (beta) of the feedback widget this week. With the new help widget, you can:

• Embed a branded contact form on your website or product.
  • Show solution articles wherever your users are.
  • Optimize for deflection, by guiding users to solution articles before they reach out to you.

And that’s not all. Beyond just a simple contact form, the new widget can actually help you understand when your customers are frustrated. 

For instance, if a button on your site isn’t working, and a customer is clicking on it many times hoping it’d work, the widget can popup and ask if they need help. We’re also planning to add more signals to determine if customers are frustrated on your website (like, when they scroll up and down a couple of times, clearly looking for something). If you’ve got ideas on more signals we can add, we’d love to know!

Over time, this widget will evolve to support bots, and provide options for you to include other channels (like chat) as well.

If you'd like to give the beta a shot, please leave a comment below. Just so you know, when we enable the beta: 

• Your existing popup feedback widgets will continue to work, but you'll no longer be able to access the settings for it from Admin. 
  • Your existing embedded feedback widgets will work, and you'll be able to create new embedded widgets from a renamed section in Admin called Feedback form.

Shankar

Hi Deepak, 

Just enabled the help widget in your account. You can go to Admin > Widgets and set up your first widget :)

@Shankar can you enable this option for our account? freedavitamins.freshdesk.com

Thanks

Done, Daniel :)

Hi @Shankar

Can you enable this option for our account? dekkpro.freshdesk.com
Thanks in advance!

Can you enable this option for our account? protechseattle.freshdesk.com

thanks!

Hi Brian and Chuck,

Your accounts are now on the beta! You can try the help widget out by going to Admin > Widgets.

Could you enable this beta version of the widget for our account? iterpro.freshdesk.com

Thank you!

Hi Simone,

Done! Try it out and tell us what you think about it :)

Thank you very much Shankar. 

I can see it is activated and I am trying to set up a new widget. However it does not allow me to select the type of contact form I want to embed, attach files, enable captcha, solution articles or choose one of the two approaches for deflection. Also, I cannot activate the frustration tracking.

Finally, I cannot see the widget on my website despite I have saved and published my new widget.

Hey,

Please include us (talkable.freshdesk.com) on the beta testing of the new widget feature.

Por favor, ative a nossa conta - muito obrigado!

Hi Simone,

Currently, the help widget does not support logins. Do you have the portal enabled only for logged in users? This is the reason you may not have been able to enable things in the widget. If this isn't the case, let me know. Frustration prediction is currently available for users who have already activated session replay. We're working on bringing it to everyone!

Login support is in our long-term roadmap. 

Hi Pavel,

Your account is now on the beta for the help widget. Try it out and tell us what you think about it :)

Olá Rafaela,

O "widget de ajuda" agora está ativo na sua conta. Por favor, tente e deixe-nos saber o que você pensa :)

Thx Shankar

Do you have some docs for new widget? Can I prepopulate user email for new widget?

Hi Shankar,

Can I get added to the beta as well?  Thanks!

Greetings Shankar,

Just returned from the Freshdesk Congress in Utrecht, Netherlands, saw this in the presentation by Vatsal, AK and Khartik (and the CYS team Yannick/Raymond/Judith) and I'd very much like to participate in the beta. It'd be perfect for us.

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi Pavel,

We do have a solution article that describes how you can configure and embed the widget. We're now building Javascript APIs that will allow you to prepopulate fields in the widget. This should be out in a couple of weeks, and we'll update Freshdesk's API documentation with those details. I'll keep everyone posted in this thread!

Randy and Paul,

Great to see you here! I just put your accounts on beta, and you can go to the Admin section to play with the widget.

Let me know what you think about it!

Hi Shankar,

Works like a charm. Figuring out how to

set up a GDPR-link with your colleague Jaya now, I must say, you have the best customer service.

Kind regards,

Paul

@Shankar I have always found the UI design of the existing feedback widget to be quite outdated and have been meaning to reach out to Freshdesk product team to see if they have any updates planned for it. I was so glad to find this post today. We will be interested in trying the new feedback widget. Before that, can you please answer my questions below:

1. Currently, 99% of our support tickets come through the Feedback widget, so I do not want to break this experience at any cost. Will this new feedback widget be able to do everything that the old widget did and more?
2. From the solution article, I understand that the old feedback widget will no longer be accessible. Now, let's say for some reason the new widget in beta isn't working as expected and we want to revert to the old one. Will that be possible? What will be the process for that and how soon can that be done?

Looking forward to your reply and getting on beta soon. The widget looks slick!

Thanks,
Ragu

Hi Paul, 

Great to hear! :)

Hi Ragu,

1. It does everything the old feedback widget did - except two things:

a. the new widget doesn't have a way to capture screenshots quickly, like the old one did.

b. in the new widget, you won't be able to prefill fields in the form when the user opens them.

We're working on prefill functionality, and it should be out in a couple of weeks.

2. When you enable the new help widget, the old feedback widgets that you may have embedded will continue to work. You just won't be able to access 'feedback widget' settings in the Admin section to create more feedback widgets. If you ever want to disable the new help widget, the old feedback widget section in the Admin page will become accessible. 

Please add louisianahelp.freshdesk.com to the Beta for the new Help widget. Thank you!

Hi Mike,

Your account is on the beta now :)

Hi!

Please add arkadium.freshdesk.com to the Beta for the new Help widget. Thank you!

Hi Vladimir,

The feature is live on your account. Please try it out and tell us what you think :)

Hi, Shankar.

The new widget is much more visually appealing. Well done.

I do have a couple of comments for improvement.

1. Using the older widget, as soon as a customer began typing in a search term, the widget would dynamically return solution results that matched that text before the customer even clicked the "search" button. On this new widget, nothing happens until the search button is actually clicked. This is a minor issue, but I liked the way the previous widget behaved better.

2. As you can see from the two screenshots I attached, the widget pops up with a scroll bar. This in and of itself is not very appealing. However, the bigger issue is that you don't even see the option to open the "Contact Us" form unless you scroll down to the bottom of the widget; it's not visible when the widget launches. Even more of an issue is that it took me several minutes trying to find it to even know that there was something else (a very important something else) below the visible scroll line. In the settings for the previous widget, we could control the size of the widget launch window to accommodate additional content. However, I can't find a setting to increase the launch window to eliminate the scroll bar. Am I missing something?

Thanks for you and your teams efforts to improve the product!

Mike

freshdeskwidget-scrolled_41705.pngfreshdeskwidget1_41705.png

Another comment on the new widget. The admin settings have an option for ticket fields marked as "Display to Customer" to show up on the widget (see attached). However, these additional ticket fields are not displaying on our widget (see attached). Thank you.

freshdeskwidgetcontactusform_41706.pngfreshdeskwidgetsettings_41706.png