Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

We’re super excited to launch a new version (beta) of the feedback widget this week. With the new help widget, you can:

• Embed a branded contact form on your website or product.
  • Show solution articles wherever your users are.
  • Optimize for deflection, by guiding users to solution articles before they reach out to you.

And that’s not all. Beyond just a simple contact form, the new widget can actually help you understand when your customers are frustrated. 

For instance, if a button on your site isn’t working, and a customer is clicking on it many times hoping it’d work, the widget can popup and ask if they need help. We’re also planning to add more signals to determine if customers are frustrated on your website (like, when they scroll up and down a couple of times, clearly looking for something). If you’ve got ideas on more signals we can add, we’d love to know!

Over time, this widget will evolve to support bots, and provide options for you to include other channels (like chat) as well.

If you'd like to give the beta a shot, please leave a comment below. Just so you know, when we enable the beta: 

• Your existing popup feedback widgets will continue to work, but you'll no longer be able to access the settings for it from Admin. 
  • Your existing embedded feedback widgets will work, and you'll be able to create new embedded widgets from a renamed section in Admin called Feedback form.

Shankar

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the detailed feedback :)

1. You're right - the older experience was better. We'll take this up and bring this experience back in a future update :)

2. We are aware of this and we're thinking of limiting the number of articles that show up to just 3. This way, the "contact us" option would appear even if you didn't scroll. I believe the intention of a lot of people when they open the widget is to search for help, so this does not hinder the experience.

3. Right now, fields show up in the widget only if you've marked them as 'display to customer' and 'customer can edit'. I understand this is misleading. We'll see if we can do something about this.

Hi, Shankar.

Thank you very much for taking a look at my comments. If the pop-up window can't be resized, I think limiting the articles that automatically populate to three would be a good solution.

Thanks!

Hi Shankar Ganesh!

"If the pop-up window can't be resized, I think limiting the articles that automatically populate to three would be a good solution."

I completely agree with Mike. How fast can you fix this? 

For my company it is critical. We want to use a new widget as soon as possible. 

Hi Shankar Ganesh,

Please enable new widget for for routemax.freshdesk.com

Hi, 

May we also have it on this account as well.

i4asia.freshdesk.com

Thanks

Hi Vladimirchebanenko,

Thank you for the feedback. We'll start working on this in about five weeks. 

Hi Ragu and Lizier,

The widget is now available in your accounts.

Hi Shankar!

Could you please, tell me the following:

1. When you plan to finish work on a new widget version? (approximately) As far as I understood it will take more than a month. 2-3 months or more? Since you realezed beta version 3 months has been gone. 

2. Do you have plans to support multilanguage for new widget? This is very important for multi-language support (You have such functionality in Customer Portal).

Please, respond ASAP. Thanks.  

Hi Shankar!

I'm currently testing out this beta feature but noticed that we can not prepopulate the fields? Is there something I can do to prepopulate certain fields when a user is logged in? I would also like to be able to update the "Help?" icon to something else.

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for enabling the new feedback widget. Is there a way to increase the height so that by default I dont get the vertical scroll bar? It looks little out of place. 

Ragu

Hi Vladimirchebanenko,

We plan to end the beta by mid August - that's when we'd be shipping the widget to all new Freshdesk signups. We're working on prefill APIs and multilingual support for the widget - which would be available in the August release.  

We'll take a while to release it to all existing accounts by default, but if you're looking for multilingual and prefill support, you can try out the widget in August (we can enable it for you if we haven't already).

Hi Ed,

The ability to prepopulate fields is something we're working on. It should be out by mid August. On updating the Help icon - that's not something we're considering at the moment.

Hi Raguram,

We don't have the option to increase the height now, and it's not priority at the moment. We're working on implementing prefill APIs and multilingual support, like I mentioned about.

Hi Shankar,

Got it. Can you comment on addition of the "Screenshot button" that was present in previous feedback widget? That was a real time-saver

Thanks,
Ragu

Hi Shankar Ganesh!

Appreciate your response. That is good news, really. 

I have another idea:

Could you please, FIX Send button on the one position. So, while the user scrolling he or she always has an opportunity to press SEND button, like ZENDESK have:

You can add CANCEL button as well. 

What do you think about this? 

Hi Shankar Ganesh!

Another important thing:

For the old widget there are few methods available:

Will it be the same for the new one? 

Ragu,

We'll start working on the screenshot option after September. Should take a couple more months to release it.

Vladimirchebanenko,

We'll see if we can make the send button sticky - it's a good suggestion. The new widget will also have similar methods - we're in the process of documenting these. And I'll share the documentation link in a couple of weeks.

Hi Shankar Ganesh!

Thanks for your response. 

I've tested the new solution with the custom fields and found that if you input e-mail, the NAME field does not appear. (It does only in simple mode - without custom fields). 

So, my proposal is to have such an opportunity in the custom fields mode as well. It would be great if you could ADD such field in the ticket fields menu, so we could edit its visibility to the customer.

What do you think about this?  

Looks like when using custom fields, when an email is entered that it doesn't recognize, it doesn't ask for the Name dynamically (like the embed widget does).

Hi Shankar Ganesh!

As per localization, I have another question:

Do you plan multilingual translation for custom fields available? This is dynamic content. 

What I think is the following:

1. This is crucial because the majority of customers using custom fields functionality. 

2. That could be variables with different language translation options, so we could assign translations for our custom fields labels. 

Now, let me show how it looks like:

Something like this. 

Please, let me know, your opinion. 

Is it still possible to sign-up for this Beta? Please can you add to benivoteam.freshdesk.com?

Hi Vladimirchebanenko,

We'll consider having the name field open only when a new email address is entered in the default requester email field. However, we wouldn't be able to bring this functionality to custom fields. 

Freshdesk now supports multilingual ticket fields, and this feature is available in the latest Estate plan. The help widget is yet to support multilingual ticket fields, but we're working on it and this should be out by August.

Hi Sophia,

Your account is on beta. Please go to Admin > Widgets to try out the new widget, and tell me what you think :)

Where do I find documentation about this widget? 

Specifically, I'd like to know how we can make sure the widget shows the right knowledge base articles on certain pages (so we can make sure that if a user is on a certain page... it'll automatically suggest certain articles that we know is relevant for the user at that point).

Hi there,

We're working on documentation, and it'll be published soon. We've worked on prefill, hide, clear APIs for the widget.

We'll work on the option to set certain solution articles to appear in certain pages, in a few months.

Thanks! What about logged in users, when do you expect to be able to include their name & email address in the JS-code so they don't have to enter that?

You'll see the ability to include their name and email address (using the prefill API), some time this week, on the documentation. 

Hi Shankar Ganesh!

We now support multilingual ticket fields, and this feature is available in the latest Estate plan.

This option is available only for Customer Portal. I am asking about multilingual fields for Widget. Will it work for a new widget?  

Hi Shankar, will the ability to have different ticket forms be added to help widget in the near future?