Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

We’re super excited to launch a new version (beta) of the feedback widget this week. With the new help widget, you can:

• Embed a branded contact form on your website or product.
  • Show solution articles wherever your users are.
  • Optimize for deflection, by guiding users to solution articles before they reach out to you.

And that’s not all. Beyond just a simple contact form, the new widget can actually help you understand when your customers are frustrated. 

For instance, if a button on your site isn’t working, and a customer is clicking on it many times hoping it’d work, the widget can popup and ask if they need help. We’re also planning to add more signals to determine if customers are frustrated on your website (like, when they scroll up and down a couple of times, clearly looking for something). If you’ve got ideas on more signals we can add, we’d love to know!

Over time, this widget will evolve to support bots, and provide options for you to include other channels (like chat) as well.

If you'd like to give the beta a shot, please leave a comment below. Just so you know, when we enable the beta: 

• Your existing popup feedback widgets will continue to work, but you'll no longer be able to access the settings for it from Admin. 
  • Your existing embedded feedback widgets will work, and you'll be able to create new embedded widgets from a renamed section in Admin called Feedback form.

Shankar

Hi Vladimirchebanenko,

We are working on bringing multilingual ticket fields support for the widget. By August end, the widget will support multilingual ticket fields.

Hi Sophia,

Not in the near future, Sophia. 

Hi Shankar,

we are looking to add a link through icon redirect to a solution article, so the client is directed to the article even before opening a ticket through the support widget.

Is it something that is already possible to do on Freshdesk?

Thank you,

Simone

Hi Simone,

Just making sure if I understood this right - are you talking about opening a solution article directly when your customers click on the 'Help' icon?

Hi Shankar,

Is the documentation released yet? Also, for the new helpdesk widget, will we be able to hide certain fields from the widget? There are certain fields that we will be pre-populating and therefore it would be nice if we can have an option to hide those fields from the widget.

Thanks

Ed

Hi Shankar,

Yes we would like to have a question mark icon linked to a solution article on our knowledge base. So, if the customer clicks on the question mark icon, he is automatically redirected on the solution article. 

We would still like to keep the help widget where customer can open a new ticket. We would just like to add this other direct link to the knowledge base thorough an additional icon. Would that be possible on freshdesk?

Thank you

Hey,

I'm interested in this feature for a mobile app. I'd like to be able to display a title and a short description of faq questions organised to only display faqs filtered by the page that the user is on. e.g. when a user navigates to a page, they can click FAQ and see relevant articles for that page only. 

This seems like the feature I'm looking for. How do I join the beta, and when is the release of the feature? Can I see more documentation on how I could integrate it into a mobile app and customise the view? Could I access helpdesk articles via an API, or is this the best solution?

Hi Ed,

The Javascript APIs we've built include options to prefill andhide fields. We're definitely publishing documentation on how you can use them next week - sorry this is taking longer than expected.

Hi Simone,

This is my understanding of what you're asking: 

1) you'd like to display a solution article/many articles when someone clicks on a link on your website

2) you'd like to show the contact form that appears in the widget when someone clicks on the widget's help icon.

My suggestion would be to create a new widget where you've enabled both solutions and the contact form. You can embed this code in your website and use our hide API to hide the widget.

You can have two icons on your website - one for triggering the widget to appear and then open, which will display the knowledge base articles directly. Another icon - to trigger the contact form to open using the Javascript API we provide. 

These APIs are yet to be released - some of them are coming next week but the rest, we plan to work on in a few months. I'll keep you posted. 

I'm also happy to get on a call and explain :)

Hi Ashlyn,

It's possible to embed the widget in your mobile apps. You can create a web page with the widget code embedded in it. You can then include this web page into your Android or iOS apps using WebView or UIWebView. 

I've already enabled the feature on your account - you can try it out from Admin > Widgets. However, you won't be able to display specific solution articles on certain pages - we're going to be working on APIs for that, only after August :)

I'm reaching out to you over email separately to help you with the mobile integration. 

Thanks Shankar - I've checked out the widget. this currently doesn't quite solve my problem.

Is it possible to call an API to display FAQs from fresh chat, or articles from the help desk and filter it by tags?

Hello!

We would love to have access to this new widget. Could you add us to the Beta also?

Thanks!

Hi!

Could we be added to the Beta also please?

Thanks!

Hi Ashlyn,

You can use the Freshchat SDK in your app, and get certain articles to be displayed based on tags. Here's the documentation that will help you integrate the SDK with the app:

https://support.freshchat.com/support/solutions/161149

Hi Martin,

Your Freshdesk account is now on the beta :)

Hi Jamie,

Your account is on the beta now :)

Hi Shankar Ganesh!

What about API documentation. Is it ready now? 

Hi Vladimirchebanenko and everyone,

The API documentation is available here:

https://developers.freshdesk.com/widget-api/

Please play with the APIs and send us your feedback!

HI Shankar,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes so basically I want to do 2 things:

- Keep the beta version of widget we already activated

- Add an icon (question mark, see attached) which redirects the user to a specific article on our knowledge base. The article will be different depending on which area of the software the user is visualising.

Hope that is clear enough, happy to schedule a call to explore it in more details.

Thank you

Simone

screenshot_2893_29_42190.png

Add the screenshot button.

It appears that this is still "in beta".  Can you please add it to our account?

Hi Simone,

Understood. Reaching out to you to schedule a call.

Hi Virgil, 

We're going to be working on it, after August.

Hi Slavelle,

I've added the help widget to your account. You can go to Admin > Widgets to try it out :)

Is it already possible to stick 'contact us' to the bottom, so customers don't need to scroll down? 

Hi there! We would like to request this feature to be added to our account. 

Hi Virgil,

We're working on limiting the number of articles that show up, so that the contact button isn't hidden. This change should roll out soon. 

Hi Clarence,

Just did. You can try it out from Admin > Widgets.

Hi Shankar,

Thank you for adding it to our account. Just a suggestion: It would be nice if the widget's name would be the one that will appear on the ticket page and not just the generic 'via feedback widget' so the tagging would be better. 

Shankar, we'd like to test it out please. It's key feature for us :)

Hi Clarence, 

That's a great suggestion - something we've never thought of before. I'll add it to our ideas list :)

Hi Lukasz,

The help widget is now available in your account - try it out and tell us what you think :)

Hi Shankar!

I'd like to test it out too) 

Can you please add it to our account?