Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

We’re super excited to launch a new version (beta) of the feedback widget this week. With the new help widget, you can:

• Embed a branded contact form on your website or product.
  • Show solution articles wherever your users are.
  • Optimize for deflection, by guiding users to solution articles before they reach out to you.

And that’s not all. Beyond just a simple contact form, the new widget can actually help you understand when your customers are frustrated. 

For instance, if a button on your site isn’t working, and a customer is clicking on it many times hoping it’d work, the widget can popup and ask if they need help. We’re also planning to add more signals to determine if customers are frustrated on your website (like, when they scroll up and down a couple of times, clearly looking for something). If you’ve got ideas on more signals we can add, we’d love to know!

Over time, this widget will evolve to support bots, and provide options for you to include other channels (like chat) as well.

If you'd like to give the beta a shot, please leave a comment below. Just so you know, when we enable the beta: 

• Your existing popup feedback widgets will continue to work, but you'll no longer be able to access the settings for it from Admin. 
  • Your existing embedded feedback widgets will work, and you'll be able to create new embedded widgets from a renamed section in Admin called Feedback form.

Shankar

Hi Maksim,

You can try it out from the Admin section in your account now :)

Hi everyone,

Some of you had mentioned that the contact form option is hidden in the widget's homepage when it displays both solution articles and the form. 

We've now made a change to fix this experience. If you choose the 'neutral' mode, we'll just show three articles, and the contact option will be visible. Your users don't have to scroll to find it :)

If you choose the 'optimize for deflection' mode, the widget will show five articles. 

Hi Shankar, we'd like to try the new widget platform too.  Could you please turn it on for our account? 

Hi Shankar, when will you include the screen capture functionality into the new widget?

Hello - can you please activate this feature for my account. 

Thank you!

Hi Becky and Thanawat,

The widget is now available on your accounts.

Hi Beverly,

We plan to include the screen capture option in September :)

Can you activate this for our account?

Hi Mark, it's done! 

Is it possible to show knowledge base articles based on where the customers is when he/she clicks on the support button?

We're going to be working on that Virgil. Can I reach out to you to show you some ideas we have around how we can help you achieve that? 

@Shankar Ganesh. Yes, that would be great. If you could make a ticket for that, I would reply inside the ticket.

Hi! We'd like access!

Thanks a lot

Can you let me know about trialling the beta?

Mark

Hi Virgil, I'm already in touch :)

Hi Mark and Lenka,

The widget is available on your accounts. Do try it out and tell us what you think :)

Hi Shankar Ganesh!

Are you working on multilingual support for the widget right now? 

I am waiting for release version. You promised multilingual support to me in the previous messages. 

We're working on it, Vladimir. You'll see it coming live soon :)

It's currently being tested.

Could I get the widget added to the account, https://docucollect.freshdesk.com for beta testing, please?

Thanks sir!

I want also to ask to create special API for developers to switch language according to the website structure (link or something). So I website will contain several translations. Is that would be possible?

Hi Shankar, Can you please add our account to the beta? Thanks

Shankar we are evaluating freshdesk and during the sales demo they talked about this ability, since its a requirement for us.. I didn't realize it was not released yet. can it be added to our account please?

Hi Vladimir,

That should be possible - we'll have a JavaScript API that will allow you to set the language in the widget. 

Hi Mahmud and Scott,

The feature is now available in your accounts. You can refresh your Admin page and start creating a widget :)

Can I get the widget enabled on my account? https://docucollect.freshdesk.com

we are using react and want to just invoke the widget from a menu item and not display the lower sticky help icon until the user clicks a nav item to show the whole thing open. its fairly difficult to do the way the embed is initializing it. can we pass something into the embed to load it into the dom but keep it in a hidden state? this way we can toggle it "on" and show it from a navigation or link.  it seems to render first before react can re-render the dom, so it flashes on as its initializing, then we end up destroying it, just to invoke it when the user clicks the link. does that make sense?

.on listeners would also be helpful as well as knowing the components current state

as a side not I ended up just instantiating the widget fully at the component level when the user click the support nav link. 

I would like to have the ability to know when a user clicks close on the widget window in order to invoke destroy. 

Hi Scott,

We were thinking of adding an option "Hide launcher by default" in the widget configuration page in Admin. When this is enabled, we'll make sure to not show the launcher. You'll have to manually force it to appear whenever you'd like using the widget's open API. Would that help?

We'll think about having events for communicating when the widget is closed.

Shankar