Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

Super excited to roll out the new and improved automations in Freshdesk. You can now set up Dispatch'r, Supervisor, and Observer rules from one place. 

Optimize your rules

With the new AND/OR operators in automations, you can now optimize the number of rules in your account. Here's to clearer and more compact rules :) 

Summary for rules

Every rule now has an auto-generated summary. You no longer have to rely on descriptions - the summary will give you a good visual overview of what every rule does.

Thank you detector (powered by Freddy)

More often than not, tickets get reopened when customers respond to just say thank you. This majorly affects resolution times.

Freddy's Thank You Detector understands the intent behind customers responses to decide whether a ticket should be closed or not when your customers get back thanking you. 

Read more here.

See who edited your rules, and how many tickets your rules affected

The new automations will now show you the number of tickets a rule was executed on, in the last 7 days. You'll also get to know who modified the rules and when it was last modified. 

See it all in action:

This feature is being rolled out in batches. You can read this article to get a brief of what has changed in automations.

Got feedback? Drop a comment in this thread.

- Sumana

Is it intended behavior that for Time Triggers the And-OR filter Operators cannot be selected like for Ticket Creation and Ticket Updates?

Please add this to our account!

Please apply this to our account.

@MichelThanks for the feedback 🙂 The description box was proving to be redundant in a lot of cases, and we moved to an auto-generated summary to make it easier to read through rules. Depending on the usage, and feedback we'll try and accommodate a text/comment are if this proves to be a major hindrance. Are your rules manageable without the descriptions today? Please do let me know and we'll figure out the best way to sort this out for you.

I'll keep this post updated soon as we've enabled the feature for the rest. 

@Charanyan : Thanks for the explanation and yes, most of the rules are manageable, from a logic perspective, and the summary is excellent in that regards, the problem is more about the details that are missing like why a specific position in the order of the rules, why the rule to start with, etc. Easy for me because I created them but not obvious for others that might have to manage them in the future. I still consider this an excellent improvement.

please add to our account

Can you please activate on our account as well :)

Hi, we need this pushed out to our account. Thank you.

Please add to our account as well.

Can we have this enabled on our account!

Would love have this enabled for our account. 

Please add automations to our account.

intersolia.freshdesk.com

Greetings! Can this be added to our account please? Thank you! https://totalexpert.freshdesk.com

Hello all,

Could you please enable this feature in our account?

Thank you in advance!

Please enable this on our account fakturomania.freshdesk.com

Hello, 

Will we be able to set a "Ticket Tag" condition on a Supervisor rule (now a Time Trigger rule)? It would be great to be able to use Tags to keep track of various time-based automations. 

Also would be great to get this added to our FreshDesk account, if you're able to do that :-) 

Thanks!

Hello

I am using the new automations.

There is a new action "Add note" that I need, and I am happy to use.

But, it seems the "Notify to" field is required.

The notify field should not be required as defined by the Freshdesk API (https://developers.freshdesk.com/api/#add_note_to_a_ticket)

Can this be fixed, I need to add notes without having to notify anyone.

Thank you

Hi, 

Is this a beta version ? If not, could you please apply this to my account ? 

For which plan it is ?

Tks a lot

Nicolas

@JeffFamatid, @Tyler(Duravant) @Jorgen @Tyler@PeterFeleskoura @Luk Pniewski

The new automations have been enabled for your accounts.

@Sonia Guisella @Daniel@Vladmir @Peter@Nicolas:

Our team will get in touch with you to get this enabled for your accounts.

@Nicolas Mollet Glad to hear that you find it useful. The mandatory setting is a bug, and will be fixed before the 13th of September.

Some of our Time Triggers are broken, and have not been happening for days it seems.

I see in the automated summary things like

AND

If To email does not contain do-not-reply

But when I scroll down there are blank entries in the rules, since nothing related to the Requester is available now as Rule.

This is a big pain... no Time Trigger rules based on Tags, nor Requester!?! 

Not sure what else got dropped with the "update". 

Now I need to review all my Ticket Creation and Ticket Update rules to see if anything else got broken with this update...

this is handy for adding a note on dispatch rule.... but i shouldn't have to assign it to someone.... let me leave it unassigned or let my other rules pick up who to assign it to.

Glad to see all three of these functions updated and combined into one automation section where we can more easily understand what is actually being triggered.

We previously used webhooks just to automatically add notes to tickets for multiple email domains, so now can add these emails in one section and will switch these as soon as the mandatory ‘notify to’ bug is fixed.

Executing all matching rules on ticket creation is also a much needed improvement, where previously dragging a rule to re-order priority was often needed.

Two requests for improvement;

1. Similar to @michelwe’d really want the descriptions restored as these helped explain why we are handling tickets in certain ways e.g. agreed SLAs per subset of customers which are very important for future reference, the summary just describes how they are being handled and not why.

2. A lot of our automations concern multiple customers by their email domain and are updated often, it would be of great help if email domains could be added as comma separated values as oppose to having to insert one at a time

@Ryanwe'll get this sorted out quickly. The rules themselves must be functional and will continue working on your tickets. This is should most likely just be an issue in loading the details. Will keep you posted once this is fixed.