Phased launch of the revamped Sandbox

Related products: Freshservice

We had scheduled the launch of the revamped Sandbox for all our users on the Enterprise plan on 30 April 2024. However, we'll now be rolling it out in phases over the next few weeks. This approach will help us ensure a seamless transition for those of you using the legacy Sandbox, and smoothly onboard you onto the revamped Sandbox.

Some of you should see the revamped Sandbox already in your Freshservice accounts, while others will receive it shortly. You can continue using your existing Sandbox, and we'll let you know once the feature is enabled on your account. You can monitor this thread for updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
-Team Freshservice

Is there anyway to expedite this on an individual account level? I had just destroyed our current sandbox before seeing this post.

Good Morning. the new sandbox configuration isnt pulling any data form my organization. 

is their an option I'm not selection in the admin portion? 

I was disappointed to learn that a feature, which was made available on my account, has been removed.

While I understand that changes may occur, I was hoping to continue utilizing this feature as I destroyed my old sandbox and so im waiting for the new release.

Good Morning. the new sandbox configuration isnt pulling any data form my organization. 

The sandbox does not pull anything other than the configuration from your prod instance. If you want to pull over tickets, assets, etc you’ll need to do that manually or build a script to pull it.

I attended the Seamless Sandboxing in Freshservice webinar last week and still haven’t received an email with the demonstration video. If this information is ready to be distributed to attendees, please send it to me. If not, please give me an idea as to when it will be sent.

Thanks, Jen

Is there anyway to expedite this on an individual account level? I had just destroyed our current sandbox before seeing this post.

I was disappointed to learn that a feature, which was made available on my account, has been removed.

While I understand that changes may occur, I was hoping to continue utilizing this feature as I destroyed my old sandbox and so im waiting for the new release.

Hi Kenneth and Johshua,

I understand your situation, and sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We went live briefly and identified a few issues that could impact your experience with Freshservice. Hence, we had to roll the feature back. We are actively working on the issues, and will enable Sandbox to your accounts on priority. Could you kindly raise a ticket/ through your CSM/ AM so that I get your account details for next steps? 

Hi Don, 

If you’re referring to the tickets data, you will not see it and that is by design. The behaviour is the same even today. You would see all the configurational data like workflows, business rules, SLA policies, etc.,

I am also adding this request to the backlog and see if we can prioritise.

Hope this helps 

I attended the Seamless Sandboxing in Freshservice webinar last week and still haven’t received an email with the demonstration video. If this information is ready to be distributed to attendees, please send it to me. If not, please give me an idea as to when it will be sent.

Thanks, Jen

Hi Jennifer, 

Sure, let me raise it with the concerned team member. @anupama.phal - Could you please help here?

Good morning Phani. i am by data i mean i am unable t see configurational data like workflows, business rules, SLA policies, etc. nothing is loaded when i create it. 

Please advise. 

Good morning Phani. i am by data i mean i am unable t see configurational data like workflows, business rules, SLA policies, etc. nothing is loaded when i create it. 

Please advise. 

Good morning, Don. This seems odd. Could you kindly raise a support ticket? I’ll get my engineers to look into this

Thanks, Jen

Hi Jennifer, 

Sure, let me raise it with the concerned team member. @anupama.phal - Could you please help here?

Hey Jennifer, You can find the recording here

Please advise. 

Good morning, Don. This seems odd. Could you kindly raise a support ticket? I’ll get my engineers to look into this

I’m in the same situation. 

Started off getting a 500 error after createing a sandbox. Support got that fixed, but now I have ZERO configuration data in the sandbox. Live has 12 Workspaces. Sandbox has 0.

I do have a support ticket open on it.

Please advise. 

I’m in the same situation. 

Started off getting a 500 error after createing a sandbox. Support got that fixed, but now I have ZERO configuration data in the sandbox. Live has 12 Workspaces. Sandbox has 0.

I do have a support ticket open on it.

Got it. Our support will look into this and get back to you if we need more information

Today, I found out that the Sandbox 2.0 isn’t live.  The lack of communication on this change in plans is very disappointing.  I had destroyed our sandbox on 04-26 and recreated it on 05-02 expecting the new version.  It was only after I reported what appeared to be errors that I was told “Your account is on the legacy Sandbox”  Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Would someone please provide an update on the new Sandboxing? Is there a current issues list that you can share? Do you have any notion as to when you’ll be able to put this option back into production? Also, if the end date for us to have to move to the new Sandboxing is Nov 2024 (legacy deprecation) has this date changed based on the current issues?

Thanks,

Jen

Update: Support got the sandbox (mostly) working for us, but now most of the documentation in the KB is gone.

The overview pages are still there, but when you try to get in to specific features those links come up “the page you were looking for doesn’t exist.”

Outward Sync: https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000009713

Inward Sync: https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000009721

Know what can be synced: https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000009712

All broken.

Today, I found out that the Sandbox 2.0 isn’t live.  The lack of communication on this change in plans is very disappointing.  I had destroyed our sandbox on 04-26 and recreated it on 05-02 expecting the new version.  It was only after I reported what appeared to be errors that I was told “Your account is on the legacy Sandbox”  Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Would someone please provide an update on the new Sandboxing? Is there a current issues list that you can share? Do you have any notion as to when you’ll be able to put this option back into production? Also, if the end date for us to have to move to the new Sandboxing is Nov 2024 (legacy deprecation) has this date changed based on the current issues?

Thanks,

Jen

Hi Keith/ Jennifer, We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. I can understand your situation.

Regarding the issue, we encountered a huge spike in CPU usage while populating metadata for Sandbox. This was very last minute, so we had to roll it back to ensure your Production instances weren’t affected. We are as disappointed as you are to have this rolled back.

The good news, however, is that we have fixed all the issues and are on track to roll this out in phases, starting this week and ending at the end of this month. We randomly pick accounts to minimise the blast radius for unanticipated issues (if any). 

Please bear with us in the meantime. 

Update: Support got the sandbox (mostly) working for us, but now most of the documentation in the KB is gone.

The overview pages are still there, but when you try to get in to specific features those links come up “the page you were looking for doesn’t exist.”

Outward Sync: https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000009713

Inward Sync: https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000009721

Know what can be synced: https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000009712

All broken.

Hi Mike,

We are actively working on resolving the issue and anticipate that the majority of the KB articles will be accessible by tomorrow. In the interim, I am available to schedule a call with you to provide assistance or address any concerns you may have. Feel free to reach out to me at phani.madhavdevalla@freshworks.com with a time that works best for you. Looking forward to assisting you.