Question

Change Management for Seperate Workspaces please help!

• 5 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi Everyone,

I’m an IT Service Delivery Manager, experienced with Cherwell ITSM, Zendesk, and a Jira Service Desk administrator in a previous life. I’m new to using Fresh Service, I’ve had some training, albeit limited to certain modules and certain features.

My question that I’d like to ask is:

I have 2 workspaces, one for “IT” which serves as the primary workspace. We have created a new workspace “Asset Management” because there is another entity in our group of companies that wishes to use Fresh too. We believe that there is a lot of benefit of them joining the fray, so I create a workspace for that business. I have also created a seperate CAB for the new workspace to utilise and added the relevant agents from that business who I want to be members.

What I’m wanting to do is to have a Change Management Process for the IT workspace that I have, and then to have another seperate Change Management Process for the new workspace I have created. For clarity, when I refer to Change Management Process, I’m asking about the change lifecycle specifically, the change form fields, and CAB too. 

So, we would be able to submit a change request ticket, be able to select the workspace from the dropdown, to select either “IT” or “Asset Management” and then depending on what we select we’d want it so that the relevant Change Lifecycle, Form Fields, CAB, and authorisation workflows are used.

Is that possible for our set-up, and if it is, please can I have some guidance on implementing such a set-up?

Thanks,

Dan

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Everyone,

I’m an IT Service Delivery Manager, experienced with Cherwell ITSM, Zendesk, and a Jira Service Desk administrator in a previous life. I’m new to using Fresh Service, I’ve had some training, albeit limited to certain modules and certain features.

My question that I’d like to ask is:

I have 2 workspaces, one for “IT” which serves as the primary workspace. We have created a new workspace “Asset Management” because there is another entity in our group of companies that wishes to use Fresh too. We believe that there is a lot of benefit of them joining the fray, so I create a workspace for that business. I have also created a seperate CAB for the new workspace to utilise and added the relevant agents from that business who I want to be members.

What I’m wanting to do is to have a Change Management Process for the IT workspace that I have, and then to have another seperate Change Management Process for the new workspace I have created. For clarity, when I refer to Change Management Process, I’m asking about the change lifecycle specifically, the change form fields, and CAB too. 

So, we would be able to submit a change request ticket, be able to select the workspace from the dropdown, to select either “IT” or “Asset Management” and then depending on what we select we’d want it so that the relevant Change Lifecycle, Form Fields, CAB, and authorisation workflows are used.

Is that possible for our set-up, and if it is, please can I have some guidance on implementing such a set-up?

Thanks,

Dan

Hello, Both WS need to be IT WS, so you when you create the CM workspace you need to select the IT template.  You can’t change the type of WS after it’s created. 

But I think it should be doable.