Question

Working together between different countries/languages

• 29 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello all, 

I have the following use case. We run an internal IT support for our company with offices in different European countries. 
I have created workspaces for the different countries. 

For the use case, let's take Spain and Germany as an example. There can be tickets that are created in Spain (and also with Spanish content), but are processed at 3rd level in Germany. 
If we simply move the ticket between the workspaces, the support staff in Germany will have a ticket with Spanish content and a Spanish reporter. (Note: the spanish support staff do not speak german and the german support staff do not speak spanish)

Is there a good workaround to create a kind of internal copy for a ticket that is translated into English by the Spanish support staff and then moved to the German workspace? 
Or are there similar use cases in other countries that have been solved differently?

Thanks in advance for your input and sorry if I am completely wrong with this question!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello all, 

I have the following use case. We run an internal IT support for our company with offices in different European countries. 
I have created workspaces for the different countries. 

For the use case, let's take Spain and Germany as an example. There can be tickets that are created in Spain (and also with Spanish content), but are processed at 3rd level in Germany. 
If we simply move the ticket between the workspaces, the support staff in Germany will have a ticket with Spanish content and a Spanish reporter. (Note: the spanish support staff do not speak german and the german support staff do not speak spanish)

Is there a good workaround to create a kind of internal copy for a ticket that is translated into English by the Spanish support staff and then moved to the German workspace? 
Or are there similar use cases in other countries that have been solved differently?

Thanks in advance for your input and sorry if I am completely wrong with this question!

One thing is to use translation AI or Google translate but it’s maybe not always good idea due to it’s internal. Could be a idea if they add a AI summery button it couldn’t be option to translate the summery into another langue. 

The 2 options I see is: 
Before the Spanish move the ticket to Germany they have to ad summery in English. Could be a paragraf field that is mandatory. 

Using child tickets, create one that has a translated version of the ticket and move it to other workspace. 

It’s the 2 takes on the challenge.